K10 front parts

How much of the K11 can I actually use on the front of my K10?
I am going to need new hubs, wishbones and full front suspension. I know the front suspension dampers and top mounts fit now but I cant help but think I could also use the hubs and front wishbones also :suspect:
Also I could maybe upgrade to the K11 front brakes at the same!

If anyone knows the answer to this I would love to know :laugh:

The k11 suspension is a direct fit without swapping anything although it does raise the the front a fair bit as for the hubs and wishbones I can't remember of hand but there is plenty of info about it on here

Mount mod is required for the wishbone, the k11 hub takes bigger drive shafts than the k10, and the k11 brakes are crap anyway, same 1 pot type calliper as the k10 has (but they are not the same and not interchangeable without mods).
Why would you need to replace the hubs? Even to change the wheel bearings you don't need to change the hub. Why make hard work for yourself?

the ball joint on the wishbones and the track rod ends are kinda rotted into the hubs I thought it would have been easier to change the whole lot out than risking damaging the hubs when removing the nuts from the rusted out threads on these parts, I need new suspension top mounts on the front as the ones on are dodgy and from a Pao :suspect: as changed by the last owner the only decent top mounts I can find are from the K11 thus spawning the thought of changing it all for K11 parts as the lot will cost me 100 quid from the local breakers yard.. and most of it looked similar to the K10 !
but hey if it don't fit there's no point trying to make do and mend and knackering it up lol

Ball joints usually are a pain but that's where mr grinder comes in. BTW Pao, Be-1, Figaro, S-Cargo, K10, the same parts dude, nothing to worry about there. K10 wishbones can be bought easily from any good autofactor, £30-£35 each brand-new and that's complete with the ball joint and a new locking nut already fitted. Track-rod ends are £17 per pair brand-new.
K11 front shocks will fit but as i said the brake pipe bracket needs to be bent for the k10 pipe to fit onto it.

Back