k10 firing order !!!

S

stubuck

help
i have bought a k10 and have just give it a bit of a service ie plugs , leads , disi cap and rotor arm

however it now wont start !!!!

i forgot to make a mark as to which lead goes where on the distributor cap
can someone please tell me which is cylinder 1 on the engine as you look at it from the front left to right and what the firng order is so i can make sure the leads are in the right place

thank you thank you thank you

sorry for being a numbnut !!

Krian

Fear me, for I am Onibaku
1 - 3 - 4 - 2 Number one is at the timing belt end, according to the haynes :D So if your looking at it from the front that should be the right order.

OP
OP
S

stubuck

krian
your a star thanx mate

just daft question

the disi cap has a 1 on it obviously for cylinder 1 however am i connecting the ht leads clockwise or anti clockwise ??

arnold sorry bout that just getting frustrated !!!

connect ht leads and car still wont start !!

could my dizzy be conked out ??

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Does the car turn over at all? Does it make any attempt to start but doesnt fire? / Stink of fuel? or does it do nothing when you turn the key.

The dizzy wont just break like that unless you really messed it up! Such as breaking the points, if you have points ignition, otherwise it should be fine.

OP
OP
S

stubuck

it turns over fine , no smell of petrol though !
just changed the fuel pump though but seriously stuck now as to why it wont start !!

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Erm, im a bit stuck for ideas. Did u put the plugs in far enough, and set the right gap?

apart from that, try sticking the old leads, rotor etc back on and see if it comes back to life.

Also, when did you change the fuel pump? Maybe there's air in the system so fuel cant get through?

OP
OP
S

stubuck

good ideas mate gonna go back and check fuel line for air also put old leads back on and see what happens thanx for your help i appreciate it :grinning:

bled the fuel system ie sucked the petrol through !!

got my mate to sit in car and turn engine over and i checked for a spark from the coil and got nothing !!

i am really stuck now so off for a run to clear my mind !!

:doh:

Krian

Fear me, for I am Onibaku
Umm, might be a silly comment, but have you checked the battery? And have you made sure the battery is connected? I disconnect it when im fooling around with the leads and stuff.

Also, HT leads can break fairly easily, so you may have bust those, hence the problem.

If you have a haynes manual, i'd suggest going through all of chapter 4 (ignition system) in the haynes and double checking everything.

If you dont have a haynes, i'd suggest buying one before you do anything else to the car :p They're cheap on ebay, tho I personally think your better off with the owners workshop manual (green book) rather than the service and repair manual (blue book) that would've answered your questions like firing order etc.