K10 Exhast Mufflers

edzmen

Ex. Club Member
I was thining about buying a Universal fit 'loud' end-can for my K10. But i wasn't sure what it would look like. Im after making the tone of the exhaust more beefy without beeing too silly - and i cant affort a propper exhaust system.

The end-can diameter is 4'' - would that look silly on a k10 bearing in mind its a standard car - i've not fitted any alloys yet?
also its advertised at £75 from Motorworld. What do you think the quality would be like at that price??

H

Herr_spl1ff

If you want to know what it'll look like, roll a magazine up or find a tin can that's 4" diameter and hold it up to your exhaust. That should give a fair idea!

There's a very limited clearance between the back axle and the back bumper of the K10 so it might not fit. Best bet is to measure the distance and measure the back box you want to get. I'll measure my spare if I get a chance.

Pink Princess

Ex. Club Member
He is right, it may not fit, but in my opinion i would add alloys first because you dont want to look , how you put it, "wierd". i kno mufflers look ok on micras but do it right, and i would get a bean can to look what it looks like,
Go faster, if you cant go faster go louder :)

DoomPixie

Ex. Club Member
I used to have a cherrybomb on the back of my micra, 3.5" slash cut oval. looked pretty good and it JUST fit under there. It was VERY loud though. Probably your best bet is to have a look on ebay, i believe Rage and Savage both make short backboxes that can be made to fit with a 3.5" or 4" round exit. I dont think i'd ever spend £75 on a backbox, but i spose if you have to buy one from somewhere like motorworld or halfords then you have to put up with the high prices. :) Ebay is our friend. Just got a nice Backbox from Ebay for my Almera, stainless with 5" exit, cost me about £35. but theres no way you'd be able to make that backbox fit on a micra, it is way too big.
Owen

Attachments

• post-15-1107084724.jpg
    post-15-1107084724.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 250

Pink Princess

Ex. Club Member
BTW Motor world are pretty good, my bro worked for them, it should be ok for that price, however if you can go for a better quality one...

*thinks* I been looking at DTM mongoose system :p

H

Herr_spl1ff

Hehe, I used to run with a dog food tin as an end tip :) Yes it was a pi$$ take before you say anything. I'll see if I can find a pic...

H

Herr_spl1ff

4-BadBoyExh.jpg

Hehe, complete with gaffer tape heat shield cuz everyone knows 1 litre cars need them when you replace the exhaust tip...