k10 driveshafts v k11 etc.

O

ohc_turbo

another quick question to clarify before i go down the scrappy and test it out.

It has been said that the k10 spider assembly fits into a GA inner joint so this does away with having total custom driveshafts.

if this is true this is good news as im thinking that when togeter the MA shafts will only have to be shortened to accomodate a larger GA gearbox.

ive never seen a K10 GA and dont know who has done one but have seen a K11 GA conversion, my way of thinking is if the other modification works out - the k11 hub on a k10 for larger brakes then the driveshafts are very similar.

a persons name who would know is quickdraw but he does not come on here anymore

there is other issues of using either primera shafts as donors or finding sunny n14 shafts either as 1.4 form or 1.6, looking on fast they are a similar setup between all models but the lengh of the shafts will vary between p10 and n14.

cheers for any ideas or help, im eager for more power, armed with a mig welder and a donor GA lump, it could be a fairly easy modification and would turn the K10 into a beast, there seems to be very little written up on this popular conversion

from what ive heard the disc brake end of the ga shaft is diffrent, it must be a thicker driveshaft than the MA shafts.

id love to do this as that would be even easier

but if you use the GA hubs and discs its not a problem..its just tryna fit the GA hubs to he k10...try to use as much GA parts s possible

i cant see the ga hub having the tie rod ball joint in the same place as a ma, it can be adjusted a bit but not too much as it would either be right at the end or completely in, if i were to go to this much trouble id fit a sr20 off a primera or sunny as it would be the same ammount of work.

im only considering the GA as a cheaper less hassle alternative and a healthy boost in power.

i think slim said to me in a previous post that its just a case of mounting the GA, gear linkage, electrics, rad fitment and the main money and time saving point of using the inner driveshaft joint with the rest of the MA driveshaft as apparently the MA spider gear is the same size as the GA, if this is the case simple, measure the distance between gearbox and hub on the stock MA then mount up the GA and remeasure the distance, work out what needs to be done with the modified MA shaft and recoprop it, JD

Back