K10 Custom Bodykit

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Hi all,

Would anyone be interested in buying the kit off the Micra, atm it's just in the garage not really doing anything.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The kit would consist of front grille, Front bumper, side skirts and rear bumper with splitter.

Currently all sprayed red and ready to fit, a little bit of fibreglassing would be needed once fitted as there is a slight bit of damage on the offside wing side of the front bumper and the skirts may need filling where they meet the bodywork. All together very little work to get this fitted.

Looking for £500 for the lot, plus P&P if it comes to that...which i hope it doesn't lol. Pick up would be from Birmingham.

Will take pics of the little bits of damage on Saturday and post them up.

Anyone? No dibs allowed, if more than one people want it then we can go to PM auction if necessary, not sure how Admin like to deal with this?

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Just get people to submit offers if you get multiple interest, otherwise your best off using an proper auction facility like Ebay.

Good luck with the sale.

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Just took pictures of the Kit, needs a clean really but other than that it's almost imaculate.

The damage isn't as bad as i thought pic below:

Damage.jpg

Rest of the kit can be seen here:

FullKit.jpg

SideSk.jpg

Skirts.jpg

Any interest?

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Think that's stalled good and proper, don't really have the resources to get it finished, just garaged at the moment.

Would like to sell it really, but i think breaking it is the way i'll have to go. Not much interest been showed up till now.

I'll take £450. The bumper alone cost £300 without fitting or spraying, plus skirts, plus rear splitter.

All in this kit cost me over a grand to buy and have cut to fit the Micra. It's now bolt on.

Buy, bolt on, spray...full custom (one off) bodykit £450.

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Why? No one seems to be interested in this one? Even if i could get a mould made it would still cost around £5-600 for the full kit.

Plus, modification is supposed to be the pursuit of individuality...or at least that's what i've always thought.

If there are hundreds of K10's driving around looking like mine, it wouldn't just be mine any more.

Normski

Ex. Club Member
hey dude, love the kit:grinning: , if you can wait one week I'll give you £400 for it if your intrested? its all the cash I have for the month:(

Normski

Ex. Club Member
do you think with the kit fitted and the car lowered 35mm speed bumps would become a major problem for the k10 because lets face it, speeds bumps are everywhere at some point, good point fordy I never thought of that.:grinning:

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Speed bumps did cause an issue but i used to go over them sideways, as in one wheel at a time ;)

But who thinks of driveability when modifying is concerned! :)

Seriously, it didn't cause much of an issue. You get used to driving it a specific way, like buying a new car.

Normski, if you're still interested i'll take the £400 if you collect. If i can find the grill you could have that too for an extra tenner if you want it, but i'm not sure where i housed that in the end :)

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Yeah Batch is right, it becomes a habit going slowly and carefully (and sideways) over bumps and potholes lol. When I got the new car I found it difficult to realise I could actually drive over speed humps normally lol!!! Now I got the golf lowered and I'm back at that stage again. I had a bit of trouble selling my kit too, obviously mine was in alot worse condition though, managed to find a buyer on EBay in the end though. Came and took the full lot away, maybe that is the way to go? Good luck with the sale anyway matey.

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Know what you mean, when i get to a steep bump or even having to bump it up the kerb in the CTR, i still hesitate!

Even then though, the Micra wasn't all that bad. As you can see from the pics i had the rear cut to allow for twin exit exhausts, only didn't get that far :(

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Bump

Is it the cost that's holding everyone back or has the essence of modification been lost to the new MSC generation?

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
I'm willing to split it, the kit can be cut to fit other cars. Sideskirts and rear bumper/splitter could be moulded to fit the K11. The front not so much as it's quite square like the K10 front end.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
I would love this 4 my K10, as i've been looking at the foah kits 4 soooo long!

but i just can't afford this amount on my apprenticeship wage!! lol.:k10:

I will start saving i guess!!:k10:

And your only in birmingham!! sooo close! all the other kits have been over 100miles away!! lol. :k10:

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Well, i can be flexible on payment.

All i want is for someone in the club to have it, dont want to put it on ebay so some random can cut it to pieces to stick on their polo/corsa/saxo etc.

The only problem is budging on the actual price, i cant really afford to let it go for less than £400 (which is a bargain, believe me).

[email protected] if you want to discuss, i notice you're not an MSC member yet (tut tut) :)

curtis

Ex. Club Member
well thats because money is soooo tight i can't even afford the £10 to become a member......

i would love this on my K10!! and as its nissan red 526!! lol

i'll add you tomorrow as my msn is down!! lol

:k10:

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
well thats because money is soooo tight i can't even afford the £10 to become a member......

i would love this on my K10!! and as its nissan red 526!! lol

i'll add you tomorrow as my msn is down!! lol

Don't have MSN i'm afraid...do at home but currently seconded down in Oxford with my Company so e-mail is the only means of contact i'm afraid.

526 Red ay...sounds like fate ;)

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
£400! that is cheap esp if you have a red k10 already. i remember way back when you got this done mate if i didn't already more body kits than micra's i would have it lol

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Just for effect too

By far the best ever picture i took of the Beast (minus the slightly off coloured door) :)
Side.jpg

Rear.jpg

Micra.jpg
#

I sooo wish i hadn't tried to GTi-R it, i think if i'd have just imported an ST engine i'd still be driving it today. Or if the GTi-R conversion were finished i'd definitely be driving it today!!!! :D

curtis

Ex. Club Member
Bump!

I might be getting a bonus from work soon, but it will only be about £250

Birthday coming up soon as well, i will have the £450 by about late sep-august.........

hope u still have it by then....also i will come and pick it up some time then.

unless your going to modded uk in september??

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Hi Curtis,

Probably wont manage to get up to MUK!

If you're still interested in the kit just let me know.

thanks

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Get a job at dominos mate delivering, i saved up the 1500 quid i needed to buy and fit this kit in 4 months working there.

Baring in mind i was at uni and only working 3/4 nights a week, that's not a bad acheivement. :)

Modifying is expensive, at least if you're determined to make something totally individual. I know this more so now i own the CTR, it's ridiculously expensive to tune them, you're looking at £1500 for a 20-30 bhp gain. Up to about 250bhp, then it gets even more expensive as you're looking at forced induction.

£10,000 to turbo a CTR 'properly'.

R

RTLkyuubi54

if I was you I would chuck it on ebay, especially if you need the money quickly.

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
No chance.

I'd rather nail it to my wall and use it as a shelf, if it doesn't go it doesn't go. Maybe it'll encourage me to get the project finished LOL.