K10 Boot Rattle

-James-

Buy & Sell Member
Just bought a 1992 Super 1.0 K10. Only problem is, the boot making a rattling sound. It sounds like a metal to metal contact but i cant see anything loose...

Any ideas as to whats rattling?

Cheers.

Yeah. I also found wrapping tape around the metal bit made it a bit quieter.

You lucky lucky lucky.....:lol:
I think the next culprits apart from the Tailgate are Tailgate Struts...they tend to bang and knock, then there's the shelf where it rests on the plastic mouldings on the sides or it could be the Pins which hold the tailgate on or the Rubber Seal is squished to beyond it's life.......:doh:

My struts are terrible, it looks like it's gunna hold then 5 seconds later it crashes down onto your head/hand/testicles depending on what is in the way.

cut a bit of sponge and place into the catch and this will solve any rattle caused by the catch.

Kev

Is there any K10 that doesn't have a Boot rattle? :laugh:

Mine doesn't :D Number plates rattles when the subs on but thats nothing a fwe quid wouldn't fix :D

My struts are terrible, it looks like it's gunna hold then 5 seconds later it crashes down onto your head/hand/testicles depending on what is in the way.

Same! It's so annoying lol

I'm gettin 2 struts from a Mk3 fezzy, they only have one so 2 should make the boot open automatically.

Tell me how good this works, if so i'll do it! Hate my struts lol. Hope it don't open too quick or it'll smack ya one :D

Back