K10 Black 1.2 Super S

B

blacksupers

a k10 Black 1.2 Super S
good overall condition,engine and interior is perfect. one white wing couple of little dinks,failed MOT due to damaged wishbone mount, still runs and drives, got all the bodykit for it, sell as spares or repair for £200 ono

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
RE: would anyone be interesed in...

What is the wishbone?

Basically said the other day if I was to get a K10 it would be a black 1.3 SuperS, I'm seeing this as a sign from the powers that be!

OP
OP
B

blacksupers

you would need to take it to a garage because its the mount on the chassis thats cracked, hit a big pothole, was gonna get a mate to weld it but he couldnt do it,tiz a good little car but i aint got the money to get it sorted

OP
OP
B

blacksupers

dont have a clue how much it would be to fix
and i live in falkirk, central scotland

OP
OP
B

blacksupers

its on the front drivers side.the front wishbone mount that joins it to the chassis is cracked just above the bolt, ill get pics at some point, need to try find my digicam first tho other than that all thats wrong is a wee hole in the exhaust just before the backbox and a rattly heat sheild that needs tightened up. and its got a white wing on passenger side

A

avgenisis

If you guys dont want it, im interested too, even though it is a long way from sunny north norfolk!!

any pix gratefully recieved!!

al.

:k10:

OP
OP
B

blacksupers

i just went and took a few pics of the car and the damage, needs a wash but its too cold for that crap

[attachment=474]
[attachment=475]
[attachment=476]
[attachment=477]
[attachment=478]

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007

Wayne, get in touch with me regarding this sale, im just down the road from blacksupers and i have my micra lyin in the drive, if ur wanting it you could take the wishbone from my micra an fix it!

OP
OP
B

blacksupers

not the wishbone thats screwed its the mount, you might be able to cut it off a donor car and weld it on but i dunno how strong it would be.needs to be able to take a lot of stress

A

avgenisis

this is just my penny worth...

I think (would need to check up on this) that you would need to replace the whole mount and the chassis leg arround it, as it is pretty pretty important to the saftey of the vehicle.

I know round my way you get an automatic fail mot wise if you've been welding within 50mm of any chassis / spring / shocker / wishbone mounts etc, as they are said to be structural saftey wise.

That said their is no reason to say you cannot fit or fabricate (just make the measurements at least twice!!) a new mount PLUS the piece of chassis it attaches too. That way you get a safe repair and no worry your going to end up in a ditch.....

Also insurance wise if you bodge it and it does fail, killing of injuring some-one, it could be argued (by some no win, no fee type ...**~~**) that the person who failed to do the work properly is liable legally, and that opens a sorry mess of pottage - I know of a mechanic who was charged with manslaughter, because he failed to refit some brakes properly, and the inevitable happened.........

makes you think!

anyway all im saying is if you do it, do it properly, for the saftey of you and others.

OP
OP
B

blacksupers

yeah i know, thats why my m8 couldnt weld it and why i said it would need taken to a garage and done by pro's.

A

avgenisis

please understand, i wasnt having a go at anyone, it was just a gentle reminder, as there was talk of cutting parts of another car etc....

no offence meant, just backing up your comments.

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member

prety sure that it comes as part of the steering column oval. and this can be replaced without replacing the whole arm. thought still requires all the steering rack etc to be removed.

aka

big job

C

CLK230K

I'm probably somewhat older (ahem!) than most on the forum & I have had many attempts at trying to resurrect corpses. The most obvious points to make are: if there is severe rust in one place the rest of the car can't be far behind, K10's aren't yet that rare - the cost wouldn't justify the result, it would make an ideal donor for a more viable project. I know it's a tragedy when you have to say goodbye to such a nice car, but don't forget "you can't polish a t*rd".:down:

OP
OP
B

blacksupers

thats just the thing, it aint severely rusted and the rest of the car is ok apart from a couple of wee bits of surface rust,gonna get my mate to have one last look at it at the weekend see if he can take bits off my spares micra and weld it on safely,if not its gettin sold as parts or everythin transferred into another 1,bt my spares car is a disgusting brown colour with the diorehaa dash.... and it smells funny

[attachment=492]

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo

Just incase lol, so others don't get their greedy hands on bits lol. :p You would probably make more stripping it too. :)

OP
OP
B

blacksupers

Going to MOT station Tomorrow. If not a viable repair then, who wants what and for how much.

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo

If it doesn't work out I will have the doorcards off ya. :) How much you after?? Also will have roofliner and A-pillar covers. :)

Attachments

• nicon23.jpg
    nicon23.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 181
  • super s alloys.jpg
    super s alloys.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 190
OP
OP
B

blacksupers

MOT tester said repair simple. No major issues. Cost £60.. Looks like I'm keeping it. Unless !!!! make me an offer 1yrs MOT included.

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member

spoke to you already matey :)

and it wont need the years MOT
and i can do the welding etc my self :)

OP
OP
B

blacksupers

QD if still interested let me know if not who wants it.

OP
OP
B

blacksupers

This maybe for sale again. Quickdraw has first call, he's letting me know Friday, may be willing to break depending on interest, no repairs carried out car still needs MOT.
Just in case deal falls through PM with request for car or bits with the price

B

big macca

Hi Blacksupers Did You Get The Wishbone Mount Fixed And Does The Car Have An Mot On It ????????????? How Much For The Car ???????

N

nicon_23

(comment eddited time wasters)

probs with the car

1. wishbone cracked (knew about this)
2. No rear arches
3. sills nead replating
4. front end crash ( front pasanger chasis leg bent, grill in pieces, front bumper benmt, crash panel creased, headlight pushed back, bonnet creased)
5. tailgate dented (knew about this)
6. o/s wing rusted hole in
7. o/s rear 1/4 panel hole filled with mastik
8. o/s rear window seal innefective
9. n/s wheel bearing on its way out
10. fuel guage innoperable
11. doorcard bolt cover missing
12. sunroof cover missing
13. correct parcel shelf broke (brown one to replace)
14. super s front bumper fog lights missing

its waynes choice weather he buys it now, since he is basically stuck up here now
but

i believe ppl shoud know the probs with the car befor the take a look if the owner feals like i have made any unfair coments about the car for sale please contact me

so when he asked the problems listing 2 of the 14 issues with the car. him travelling 3 hours to come get the car at his own expense. i dont believe he has timewasted. and seeing him in the car afterwards dissheartened and in dissbelief. he did not EVER mean to TIMEWASTE.

:)george

OP
OP
B

blacksupers

Calling Quickdraw a timewaster, prior to speaking with him was uncalled for. After chatting with him, it was agreed to edit prior post and remove reference to timewaster ( done before posting above in case anyone is confused).