k10 6x9s

Status
Not open for further replies.

somersetk1

Ex. Club Member
hi i recntly have fitted 6x9s behind the rear quarter pannels which JUST fitted with some trimming, but they are too muffled by standard cloth etc

so options are,
1. fit them on the parel shelf
2. re upholster all pannels in speaker fabric

what does every one rekon??

They'd sound better on a parcel shelf. I tried this in a previous K10 and the sound just seemed restricted... and muffled... despite reinforcing the panels and using acoustic cloth... Some 6x9s are free air... some need that space behind them to sound good... theyd make a lot of difference on a reinforced parcel shelf - and amped!

ok

yea amp is the next thing after alarm,

want to amp up my components infront too

would 6mm ply be strong enought to reinforce or shoul i make one from mdf?

I would go for 12mm MDF minimum.

Good idea @ amping components

is that for reinforcement? or for complete new shelf?

Make MDF rear door cards and sit them in that.

well i made mdf boards that sit behind the cards and rivited them to the frame, idea was to keep them hidden.

would do that but i think i may go for shelf as would have to upholster the front door cards to mathc and would take too long and be too hard

thanks any way though

i never amp my 6x9s or my front speekers and they sound grate wired it up 2 my head nuit (sic)

Try amping them and then tell us how great they sound. Trust me.. the amp will breath a new life into them... and you'll never feel like wiring off the HU again...

that you could get away with as reinforcement... but for the whole new shelf I'd go for at least 18mm.. They'd sound so much better in the shelf... when they are in the sides they just fire sideways and the seats are in the way... with the shelf the sound comes from the back and over your head... its like surround sound.. and when you adjust the fade etc. you can get it set to a sweet spot where your ears get sound from all the speakers and you are at the centre of it all... its just not the same with panel mounting..

yeh let us know how it goes fella

Try amping them and then tell us how great they sound. Trust me.. the amp will breath a new life into them... and you'll never feel like wiring off the HU again...

that you could get away with as reinforcement... but for the whole new shelf I'd go for at least 18mm.. They'd sound so much better in the shelf... when they are in the sides they just fire sideways and the seats are in the way... with the shelf the sound comes from the back and over your head... its like surround sound.. and when you adjust the fade etc. you can get it set to a sweet spot where your ears get sound from all the speakers and you are at the centre of it all... its just not the same with panel mounting..

yeh let us know how it goes fella

i shall, hopefully once i get some cash together gonna start,

and im in taunton to whoever asked

think so once or twice,shame its gone

wots ur punto like now?

Its not gone, still for sale £1500, If you know where A&M Trading is, Cornishway...lol

My New Punto...Click the small Car (
car.gif
) under my Avatar...

as in cornish way motors??
yea i know it my dads garage is right by it (ph autos)
where i do all my work on various things :)

i know some one whos looking for a small car on the cheap so i shall point them that way as that would be right up their street.

would take it myself if i didnt have my lil :k10: beauty

as in cornish way motors??
yea i know it my dads garage is right by it (ph autos)
where i do all my work on various things :)

i know some one whos looking for a small car on the cheap so i shall point them that way as that would be right up their street.

would take it myself if i didnt have my lil :k10: beauty
ph autos... is that next to the Small Car Company? I was there yesterday, my mate was looking at a quicksilver there with indicators in the rear spoiler. Or is this not your Dads Place?

nah ph autos is down the far end on the corner oposite Barum auto parts and the hire car company bout to go in

hes more repairs n tyres but does custom powerflow stainless steel exhausts with ur own choice of no of exits and tailpipes etc

u know it?

nah ph autos is down the far end on the corner oposite Barum auto parts and the hire car company bout to go in

hes more repairs n tyres but does custom powerflow stainless steel exhausts with ur own choice of no of exits and tailpipes etc

u know it?

Not very well if im honest, I might have to take a visit, thinking of getting a twin exhaust in July.
Does he Spray cars?

not sure might be able to but dont quote me on that what needs spraying?

but the exhausts are good, they advertise in maxpower and you can chose everything u want including the sound you get

best thing to do is give him a ring on 01823 288228 or just pop in

not sure might be able to but dont quote me on that what needs spraying?

but the exhausts are good, they advertise in maxpower and you can chose everything u want including the sound you get

best thing to do is give him a ring on 01823 288228 or just pop in

I'll Pop in on tuesday mate, cheers for that.

nah thats fine got all the info i need,
if you want i can email him and ask about spraying, u know what colour you want or is it gonna be a colour match body kit job??

nah thats fine got all the info i need,
if you want i can email him and ask about spraying, u know what colour you want or is it gonna be a colour match body kit job??

It would be just a respray in yellow to replace the faded bumpers, only the rear will be different. The Colour is Bloom Yellow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back