k10 1L

detox

euro member!!
i need a 1L k10......
need's to be cheap (under 100) cos i am planing on doing the Mongol Rally 2007
my location = sn13 8lj or ner bath (ner bristol)

also can you get suspention that raises your car can it be made..... do we know anywere that will do custom springs!!!

the idea of the mongol rally is to take a shed and take her as far as she'l go, not to get custom springs and parts made to last the journey!

Also, you havent got a driving licence have you?

well we can be team msc there are some cool teams on the there. there a team who drive minis in italian job colors......
that will be cool the trip and we can do bet on who will get the most lost who will be slowest and who will have the best story!!!!!!

Im up for this.

Ive already found a friend who wants to come and were making the fundraising preparations :glance:

My Current Modification List:
New suspension (current stuff sucks and would probably break)
Fog lights
Roof Rack

i think you have the wrond idea about his the hole point is have a #### car that probably will not make it (its an advencher)... the only reson i what some springs it cos there are some werd wheels nere where i am but i might not even do that now!!! read the hole site about the rally...

But yer i will be good to see you there so we have 2 cars i think i might have to start to set something up!!!!

so turtle your in where in the uk are you we may have to meet up!!!!

Im in bournemouth near southampton....

No i havent got the wrong idea I realise that theres no point in spending alot on money on the beast... buuuut. The current suspension WILL give up if I dont change it (its done 123000 miles!) and stuff like fog lamps will darn well help the journey at not much extra costs.

I just wanna go in with a respectable chance :glance:

Im getting really excited about this idea, as I think its a great way to spend the end of my gap year. We'll see how far we can get!

witch route will you be takeing what you planing doing to the car !!!!!

i want to do the south route cos i sounds like the most fun!! (bearly any real roads and through the most countrys)!!!
car :
-micra k10 under 100 pounds
-strip it
-some old air conditioning pipe sticking through the bonet for air flow(hand cut -hole)
-hand paint job (with brush's) may be have some sponsers transfers
-mdf spoler
-and maybe get these wheel there mad i will get a pic at some point!!!

Well you gotta be realistic. Ive already got my car, and I'm planning on carrying almost £100 in spares and random bits alone.

- 2 Spare wheels and tyres
- Spare oil and oil filter
- Spare air filter x2
- 2x jerry cans
- Spare bulbs

Then there is petrol, food, the rest. I'd rather avoid the south route to be honest. Too many dodgy countrys. Where are you starting from?

be realistic!!!! i am going to be i will be takeing
- 4 Spare wheels and tyres (they say 4 is a absolute minimum if you what to make it )
- Spare oil and oil filter
- Spare air filter x2
- separate fule take 60ltr
- Spare bulbs
- maybe clutch (they seem to go on old k10)

petrol, and food i hope to be in the money we raise!!! sleep in the car or in a tent!!!! in the car we will have striped there will be room to sleep in that back!!!( with the spere bit)
The south route will be more fun and i think we should go as a team!! the uther reson to go that way is that it is the fastest but will be hardest on the car!!( the last 2 teams to win have gone south)

what i was asking is what your going to do to make this try fun (odd mods)..LOL

yer will do!!! do you think you are going to do it in 2007 aswell?

i think thay soon i will make a thread in general section!!!

i think this will be good!!!!

Mummy wont let me drive through Iran lol!!

Nah, but im gonna go the shortest and easiest route. I don't care about winning. It'd be more fun to stick with the convoy too, getting lost on your own would suck.

Thankfully my cars got a new clutch so that should be ok.

yer there is a pole on the site that say's that most people are going to go south!!

but this is what i am on about the hole point is to get lost and to have fun, have story. As it way on the site this is not about maps, the best way to navigate is to drive from yurht to yurht asking directions. It's much more fun.

it's not safe. We will be driving through some very remote places in wholly unsuitable cars with no support system. If you want safety guarantees there are plenty of package holidays to the Isle of Wight.

I cannot bloody wait.
I dont envy you in that you have another year to wait for it. Ive been waiting since November already and even that is painful. Sorry.

This year there will be 200 teams entering. Last year it was just 50. Who knows how many next year. The great thing is that it will have raised £250,000 for 6charities as well. Can't say fairrer than that.

We bought the micra for £50 off ebay and its a right corker, only done 50,000miles! Everyone get on ebay for an old K10 and get paiting it ready for '07.

Thanks to all people who have donated, it means a lot and it all goes to charity (and more with gift aid).

sorry for the shameless plugging but please check out www.mongolfrauds.co.uk!

Back