k10 1989 auto help

hi there im new to this site and very new to the k10 mine is a k10 1989 g reg auto not looking its best at the mo with dents down one side but i need help with the auto fluid i dont know how to check it or how to top it up i cant find any dip stick apart from the oil dip stick iv lookd every where and just cant find any where to check it. meny thanks

hi, im not really familiar with the auto box but the way to check the manual box's oil level is by removing the speedo cable

If you look at the gearbox, you will see a cable going from the bulk head to the top of the gearbox, undo the 10mm nut and pull on it, you should pull out the dipstick/speedo cable

Thats how it is on the manual so should be the same i guess...

indeed the auto box is measured using the speedo cable, the same as the manual. just follow the speedo cable from the bulk head and youll see the connectore and where to unbolt it and pull it out. be careful tho remove it with care ive seen the drive gear on the end of the cables come off if yanked to hard ;)

if your going to start getting your hands dirty chap i'd highly recommend getting a haynes manual for your car best £15 you will ever spend! ;) avaliable at all good halford outlets :p i pretty much taught myself everything about cars using those manuals they are like the bible! only have a much better story line lol!

if your going to start getting your hands dirty chap i'd highly recommend getting a haynes manual for your car best £15 you will ever spend! ;) avaliable at all good halford outlets :p i pretty much taught myself everything about cars using those manuals they are like the bible! only have a much better story line lol!

agreed although every haynes manual i have ever bought has been from ebay for around £5 delivered!

Back