[SOLD] K10 1.2 5-Speed Gearbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

porkpie700

Buy & Sell Member
Pretty much what it say's on the tin. I'm after a 1.2 5-speed gearbox for the k10. No postage nessacery as i will travel and pick it up no problems. Flywheel and starter would be a bonus but not essential. Payment will be cash on collection, and no fannying around on paypal (no point since i'd be it picking up.).

If anybody's got one they wanna sell on, give me a shout and give me a price (please don't just sit there saying 'make me an offer', everybody knows how much they want for stuff so just voice it right up and we'll take it from there).

Thanks dudes,
Joe. (Y)

Because i'm not messing around with the wrong parts, i'd rather get the right stuff and bolt it straight on without having to pratt about modding. So if anybody spots a k10 in a scrap yard and it's a 1.2, let me know where it is. It's for a friends car and isn't urgent.

I need it to fit a K10 pre-facelift MA10 which is currently 4speed. Can't find K10 5speeds without buying a whole car. So I'd be looking at changing the clutch (just put a new one on :(), the flywheel and modifying the gear selector but I can keep the driveshafts as long as the K11 box is pre-98? Questions ensue:

I hope I can keep the gear linkage as I want it to still look like a 4speed but have a secret 5th gear. What about the engine bay mounts, starter motor (i'd have to change this as the bolts have sheared) and reverse light switch? They all fit as long as it's pre-98? Which K11 clutch and flywheel will I need to fit to the MA10 and what's a reasonable price to pay for all of these parts? The car only has 33k on it so it'd be good to get something low milage but what's reasonable to expect?

I feel a new chapter in the little white colette project coming on. A 5th gear would make this car a lot less thirsty on the long runs and it won't sound like it's got an angry frog under the bonnet trying to do 65-70mph.

There are detailed threads about using k11 boxes on the forum, best do a search for them. BTW, a 5-speed on a 1.0L does not give you better fuel economy, i tried it before i got my 1.2. The 5-speed box is heavier for a start and the 1.0L has no power whatso ever in 5th, whenever you come to a slight hill or need to overtake, you have to drop it down into 4th.
The 1.0L is working harder to pull along in a harder gear so it ends up using more fuel. Best go for the 1.0L 5-speed close-ratio box if your running a 1.0L.
Anyway this is a wanted ad so please keep it clean people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back