K10 1.0/1.2 performance and gear ratios

Hi,

I'm looking for my third Micra now and I was wondering whether I should try one of the lovely looking 1.2 K10s that you see on ebay occaisionally.

I will be doing a fair amount of motorway driving so I reckon a 5-speed 1.2L would be perfect but can someone clarify exactly how the performance is different between the two models?

I know the gear ratios are different between 4 and 5 speed and also 1L and 1.2L cars, so would i be sacrificing nippiness for the extra mpg of a 5-speed or vice versa?

All I want is the micra that will most faithfully cover the most miles with the least effort or problems.

H

Ems and I did an equal amount of motorway driving. Mine a 1.0, hers a 1.2. Both used roughly the same amount of fuel, but Ems's was better for the roads. less gear changes and more power on tap. I think she had a short ratio box on hers, and i have a short ratio on mine.

the wide / long ratio box uses even less fuel, and runs 1000rpm less at 70mph, but its bloody slow on the accelleration! Might not be so great if you need to overtake.

but...we have K10 1.5cc Turbo....people install sunny engine inside K10 but for me that engine not good performance. I say like that bcoz...we has sett one game with K10 in 400meter, 1.5 sunny turbo can not faster than ST engine! some body know why 1.5 turbo lose with 1.0 super turbo.....hehehe!:laugh:

K10 1.0/1.2 performance and gear ratios
well as for performance non of them have any,,,and gear ratios are crap to,,,the only box thats any good for road use would be the early 1.0 4 speeds with the 3.5 diff ratio....probly get 10mph more out of that box(3.5) over the 1.2 5 speed long box(3.8)

Best box I had was long ratio 5 spd. Was something crazy like 3800rpm @ 70mph. Would do well over 50mpg. All the other boxes got poor economy and just drove me mad with high rpms. To be honest not been in a N/A k10 that has ever really had any acceleration so to speak.

ST is 930cc.

Back