K10 1.0/1.2 flywheels

I need to replace the flywheel on my 1991 K10 1.0LS and I have a spare 1.2 engine/flywheel. Would this be the same as that on a 1.0? I need a new one on my 1.0 as my car has the grinding starter really bad ( frequently 3 grinds before it starts and only 88k miles - my first micra (1985 1.0dx) didn't get to the 3 grinds stage until it had done 180k miles!!!!)

thanks for any help

Micra 110

Site Supporter
yes it will fit, they are both the same.
I was going to say check the teeth on the starter but you've probably already done that.

cheers for that micra110

You have jogged a memory here. I have checked the starter teeth but I am going to check whether the starter is 'throwing' sufficiently well as I understand the pinion can stick on its shaft. Even so there are hardly any teeth left on the flywheel, so it needs to be changed.

Does anyone know if excessive endfloat on the crank is a cause of this flywheel/starter problem as it seems to affect some cars really badly, and some not at all.

As the 1.2 flywheel is still on the car it is a big job to get to so I might see about getting another 2nd hand one anyway.