• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

k-kustoms Ancient K10

kristian

One Way Mule
Well..

Got hold of this 1986 2door K10 a few months ago for 10 quid and an some welding..

New battery required as its been stood for a few years..

Cost me about 60 quid to get it MOT'd inc cost of MOT and ..... Its been taxed and insured..

Not touched it other than bulbs and wipers and a patch on the exhaust..

Drives great.. and ive got some big plans for it..

the most important factor is that is has only 47,000 miles on it and its pretty dam imacculate chassis wise.. even the interior is bloody good..

So im going to try and go RETRO tastic with this one as I think early K10's are going to come back into the limelight in the next couple of years..

So.. contrary to the usual modifications lists of makeing Newer and sportier..

Im going to try and make this look as old as possible.. yet immaculate.. however SOME performance enchancments will be made

1st mod was Sunstrip and Logo. addition of 20 BHPz yo..

Im aware that there is some severe rust on the exterior panels of the car.. this was due to being covered in mildew and moss.. this is being rectified..

Apart from this initial post I wont be including ANY unnecessary TEXT.. simply pictures to show new items and work being done and minimul text... BIG up the K10!!!!!!

lets begin:

dsc00319ko.jpg

dsc00320m.jpg

dsc00321e.jpg

dsc00316pi.jpg

dsc00317xq.jpg

dsc00318ug.jpg

OP
OP
K

kristian

One Way Mule
Datsun Bulge Amber corner lights
Dastun Front sidelights/indicators - ones been repairded bady.. if we cant make good we probably wont use..

dsc00416v.jpg

dsc00417o.jpg

superls

K10 Tuner
good stuff mate, ive wanted some of them datsun corner lights for ages but never found any, also want those front site / indicator lights.

p.s. i hope those green wheels wont be being fitted to the '10.

OP
OP
K

kristian

One Way Mule
Datsun micra..^

Origninal Rear P/S light was broken.. got some DATSUN Micra. Super EARLY ones...

Note Brake light at top instead of bottom.. and smaller in size..

dsc00439d.jpg

dsc00440c.jpg

WHERE did you find those combo indicators and sidelights (rare)?

and the amber side indicators too

Ive a few original datsun bits from my 1985 give me a nudge if youre stuck for anything (wiring, connectors, trims etc)

good luck with this mate

Rich

nexussteve

The reason you're happy!
I have a set of those rear lights, but got told they needed a plate welding in??

Have been putting off putting them on!!

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
They only need a plate welding in the gap underneith depend if you mind the dip I. The bodywork. Other than that straight bolt on mine was e reg prefacelft.

superls

K10 Tuner
cool, whats the offset how much arch work is there? its not going to look like a metro 6r4 when its done is it? lol