Just saying hi

Just wanted to say a quick hello and introduce myself!
I bought a k10 a couple of weeks back, a 1990 1 litre 4 speed. It has 43k on the clock and I'm the second owner. Well chuffed.

I used to own a mini years back but since then I've just had a **** daily. I wanted another classic but I've little expendable cash!

After a fair amount of searching I came across the k10. I saw lots of potential and I found this at a good price.

I've not yet put it on the road (apart from driving it back from London) as I wanted to give it a major service.

Well in the time that I've spend purchasing various bits to give her an overhaul I found someone selling a 1.2 and 5 speed box. Rude not to haha. I'm also getting from the same chap a set of coil overs and a stainless cat back exhaust system.

In the new year she will be partially stripped for a good clean and to address any rust before mounting all the new bits.

Here she is now:

18a37qp2xggho8o7vesci69iokz6g7vo
https://app.box.com/s/18a37qp2xggho8o7vesci69iokz6g7vo

Hi Triss, you need to be a member to upload photos, you can get around that by uploading to an image hosting site like tinypic.
Welcome along.

Hey pal. Ah thanks. I'll get membership shortly :)

Just a question for you guys...
I picked up the engine I mentioned in my post yesterday. Turns out it's an ecc with an 18b head. I didn't know there was such a thing until people started messaging me trying to buy it.

Reading through old posts on here I'm somewhat confused if I should keep this or get an older style carb version... I'm sure lots will roll their eyes as this subject seems quite covered but these posts were in like 2005...

So is the ecc, decatted the best option to go? Originally i was planning to put the 1l carb on the 1.2 engine and happy days. But this electric ecc engine has thrown me. Opinion seems devided from what I've seen as to the best set up.

I not a racer, but would like it as fast road.

Back