Just picked up our 160SR. Yippeee.

R

RedMilly

Just under 2 weeks ago went to local Nissan Dealer to get oil and petrol filter for Mrs. RM's K11 1.3 '99 Inspiration. However a google for used 160SR 2 days before had shown our dealer offering their demo 3 door 160SR at what looked like a silly price. Thought price a mistake but went round to showroom and price was right. 7 months old and 4k miles.
We both drove it and said yes.
I picked it up today.
Now owner's manual doesn't seem to cover 160SR or the cd multichanger and trip computer. Have other 160 owners found this?
I want to change oil to synthetic but don't know grade or capacity.
Only driven it through town so far and have got to fit body protectors and stuff before taking it over to Mrs who works away and is using my Scooby at mo!
I like the "feel" so far, stiff and tight, what I like.
Our third Micra, k10, k11 now k12.
Ahem, we are "mature" compared to most here.

:love:

R

RIK

RedMilly said:
Just under 2 weeks ago went to local Nissan Dealer to get oil and petrol filter for Mrs. RM's K11 1.3 '99 Inspiration. However a google for used 160SR 2 days before had shown our dealer offering their demo 3 door 160SR at what looked like a silly price. Thought price a mistake but went round to showroom and price was right. 7 months old and 4k miles.
We both drove it and said yes.
I picked it up today.
Now owner's manual doesn't seem to cover 160SR or the cd multichanger and trip computer. Have other 160 owners found this?
I want to change oil to synthetic but don't know grade or capacity.
Only driven it through town so far and have got to fit body protectors and stuff before taking it over to Mrs who works away and is using my Scooby at mo!
I like the "feel" so far, stiff and tight, what I like.
Our third Micra, k10, k11 now k12.
Ahem, we are "mature" compared to most here.

:love:

nice car you have mate..what is it you want to find out about the changer and dash computer?,,they are pretty easy to use

OP
OP
R

RedMilly

RIK said:
nice car you have mate..what is it you want to find out about the changer and dash computer?,,they are pretty easy to use

Yes, I haven't played with it yet but should be easy. I always like the manual to read though, bit old fashioned I suppose.
Pictures in a few days 'cos camera is with Mrs.
Feels like a nice little car for 12 car rallies or even tarmac Road Rallies!

R

RIK

RedMilly said:
Yes, I haven't played with it yet but should be easy. I always like the manual to read though, bit old fashioned I suppose.
Pictures in a few days 'cos camera is with Mrs.
Feels like a nice little car for 12 car rallies or even tarmac Road Rallies!

yeah its got alot more to offer,,,im allready onto it :D lol

i don have my manaul cos its in for repair atm aand its in the car,,or i would have ckecked the number of the book iirc it says ku12 on the spine of it but im not 100%

what colour is it?

OP
OP
R

RedMilly

RIK said:
yeah its got alot more to offer,,,im allready onto it :D lol

i don have my manaul cos its in for repair atm aand its in the car,,or i would have ckecked the number of the book iirc it says ku12 on the spine of it but im not 100%

what colour is it?

Yup, manual says K12-U.
Emotion red, metallic. Not one we'd have picked 'cos we like solid red or white really but as I said the price was good. Dealer didn't even have touchup paint in that colour in stock.
Feels like it will be good "in the lanes". Lots of those where the Mrs is.

OP
OP
R

RedMilly

Well, fingers and all else crossed we have been accident free for yonks!
We both have pased the IAM test and I'd recommend that because it teaches you to be aware of what's going on around you and to allow for the muppets.

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
lol. yeah hit n run on my part. lol pups - i've been looking into the IAM to. i usually can spot the muppet before hand, but it doesn't hurt to be better at that. ;)

wait a min your only 7 years older than me lol

A

Antsub

hit and run

yeah had mine 3months until at christmas someone took humbredge to me beating them in the great turkey race at marks and spencers then in the car park decided to go into my passanger door nice christmas present and due to the £740 bill I still have the ripple in my door

OP
OP
R

RedMilly

rj007 said:
Good luck with the car! Us oldies have to stick together. :unclesam:

Thanks. I'm still messing with it and haven't taken it down to Mrs. yet!
Wanna do oil change but having trouble finding correct grade, have emailed Nissan and waiting for reply.
Have fitted headlamp protectors, the brackets are a bit Heath Robinson!
Sill protectors (kickplates), bit naff I think though.
Still got to fit the body protection strips, bit hard to get the line up right.
Drove it a bit today and it is a leap forward for the Micra.
I was wondering about debadging it, taking off the 160SR, even putting a lesser badge on so folk are even more surprised at a Micra with a turn of speed.

OP
OP
R

RedMilly

Btw, you lot made me paranoid about going out in it!
I was doing what we Scooby owners do, finding empty areas in carparks.
And on special Muppet Alert when driving.

TONEY

Ex. Club Member
RedMilly said:
Btw, you lot made me paranoid about going out in it!
I was doing what we Scooby owners do, finding empty areas in carparks.
And on special Muppet Alert when driving.

dont all scooby owners wear subaru jumpers and have blonde wives LOL ;)

OP
OP
R

RedMilly

WIDE_ARCHED_BOY said:
dont all scooby owners wear subaru jumpers and have blonde wives LOL ;)

Lol, like all Micra drivers have their pension books and wives with perms.
Me no have Subaru jumpers, Mrs. does have blonde streaks! Do they count?

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
hopefully you'll be fine so far we a few 160's that have been crashed into but think its a small percentage compared to how many haven't.

inspectorgadjet

Ex. Club Member
I've got you all beaten on the curse. I went to pick up my brand new 160SR from the dealer today, and I didn't even get to drive it. They were finishing off the last few additions. (Rear parking sensors...a bit sad, I know!) When they were done, they managed to drive it into a wall while bringing it off the ramp. Apparently it had been left in gear and they hadn't bothered to check. So now they need to put a brand new bumper and boot on, and I will only get my car on Friday.
I was sooooo disappointed. I've been waiting for my car for a month already. At least I got my first bump out of the way and without any effort on my part at all.

Hmmm...maybe I shouldn't have arranged to collect my car on the 13th after all...

Kirton

Renault Sport
Jesus! that's unlucky. I wouldn't have been impressed with that like! brand new car not even put on the road already having to be repaired! I would want money off or something like that to compensate.

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
inspectorgadjet said:
I've got you all beaten on the curse. I went to pick up my brand new 160SR from the dealer today, and I didn't even get to drive it. They were finishing off the last few additions. (Rear parking sensors...a bit sad, I know!) When they were done, they managed to drive it into a wall while bringing it off the ramp. Apparently it had been left in gear and they hadn't bothered to check. So now they need to put a brand new bumper and boot on, and I will only get my car on Friday.
I was sooooo disappointed. I've been waiting for my car for a month already. At least I got my first bump out of the way and without any effort on my part at all.

Hmmm...maybe I shouldn't have arranged to collect my car on the 13th after all...

jesus, you beat me there. what a bummer.

R

RIK

another one bites the dust! real shame

BUT,,,mines got its arse back into shape an i piked it up today,,,woop! shes like new :D

James

Chairman
I can't believe it! These things really should come with a warning on them! Fastest production Micra since 1988 and they seem to like getting into trouble! lol

OP
OP
R

RedMilly

inspectorgadjet said:

That is unbelievable, sorry to hear it.
Sounds like that dealership needs some staff retraining in Health and Safety!
Did someone fire it up in gear?
To be serious ,I'd ask for them to pay for an independent inspection before you accept it to make sure that the repairs are done properly and that there is no hidden damage. Have you seen it in the damaged state and looked carefully in the boot area under the carpets for any creasing in the bodyshell?
I'd want it checked on a body jig to make sure all is aligned within tolerances.
Tbh, I think if it was me I'd say I'm not having a new car with that amount of repair, get me another one.

rj007

Ex. Club Member
Hopefully It'll Not Affect Me! I've Got The Same Engine In Mine But Its Not Called A 160sr,so Fingers Crossed! :ghostface

inspectorgadjet

Ex. Club Member
I'll definitely be demanding some discount when it's fixed up, and I will take your advice and make sure it's thoroughly tested to make sure everything is good when it's ready.
I think they had left it in gear and that's what caused it. I didn't want to see the damage. I would have just been way too disappointed. I would rather see it as a new car than something that is damaged.
If I ask them to do an independent inspection would they know of some places that do it or should I be prepared with the names of a few places that do it? If so, any ideas who?

OP
OP
R

RedMilly

inspectorgadjet said:
I'll definitely be demanding some discount when it's fixed up, and I will take your advice and make sure it's thoroughly tested to make sure everything is good when it's ready.
I think they had left it in gear and that's what caused it. I didn't want to see the damage. I would have just been way too disappointed. I would rather see it as a new car than something that is damaged.
If I ask them to do an independent inspection would they know of some places that do it or should I be prepared with the names of a few places that do it? If so, any ideas who?

There's the AA, and if you look in Yellow Pages or have a google you will find local independent vehicle inspectors. Find one or two give them a ring, explain the situation and see what they say.
You see my worry would be when you come to sell or partex in the future. If the repairs are obvious, and to someone who knows enough they usually are, that may affect value. If you are asked whether there have been any repairs you will have to say yes, 'cos if you don't and then it's noticed that could cause you problems.
Sorry to sound a bit negative but I don't like the idea of your suffering through the negligence of the supplying dealer.

inspectorgadjet

Ex. Club Member
Just an update on the situation. The manager immediately agreed that the car would be tested on a body jig, and has arranged to have an independent insurance assessor do a report to make sure it's all ok.
I am also getting £500 discount on the car, but I am starting to feel like I should have asked for more because she agreed to it way too easily. I kinda feel that £500 is good as the car is £10k anyway, so it's basically 5% discount. I know I've added the leather seats and stuff so it's less, but it's not a huge amount more.
Also, they are actually replacing the boot and bumper with brand new ones so it is not exactly just a repair job. There's no paintwork or anything that needs doing, so I think I should be ok on the repair side.
I think I should also try and get some kind of freebie out of them like the big parka thing they give to people who buy the X-trails or perhaps the little car emergency kit or something.

OP
OP
R

RedMilly

inspectorgadjet said:
Just an update on the situation. The manager immediately agreed that the car would be tested on a body jig, and has arranged to have an independent insurance assessor do a report to make sure it's all ok.
I am also getting £500 discount on the car, but I am starting to feel like I should have asked for more because she agreed to it way too easily. I kinda feel that £500 is good as the car is £10k anyway, so it's basically 5% discount. I know I've added the leather seats and stuff so it's less, but it's not a huge amount more.
Also, they are actually replacing the boot and bumper with brand new ones so it is not exactly just a repair job. There's no paintwork or anything that needs doing, so I think I should be ok on the repair side.
I think I should also try and get some kind of freebie out of them like the big parka thing they give to people who buy the X-trails or perhaps the little car emergency kit or something.

That's better. Might be good if you could be with this assessor when they look at your car.
Hmm, I wonder if the dealer is paying or claiming from their insurance.
I don't think, so long as body is still true, that this will qualify as major repair but you must make sure that the repairs don't get listed on any insurance company's database. Say to dealer, if you are happy with repair, that you want to know that the reg and VIN will return a clean HPI or similar report in relation to this "incident".
Good luck and, to be frank, I think you've been very tolerant with this dealer.
Me, I'd have thrown a huge hissy fit.