Just had some fun with the micra

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Seeing as it failed MOT on rusted sills and the MOTer poked some holes in them I decided to find out how bad the rust was.

here's the holes he made

2.DSCF1211.JPG

22.DSCF1212.JPG

26.DSCF1213.JPG

And here's what I did on passemger side

13.DSCF1219.JPG

17.DSCF1220.JPG

And heres what I did on the drivers side

3.DSCF1221.JPG

27.DSCF1222.JPG

19.DSCF1224.JPG

30.DSCF1225.JPG

18.DSCF1227.JPG

23.DSCF1228.JPG

28.DSCF1229.JPG

9.DSCF1232.JPG

Always wanted to rip the rust out of a car but was too scared, probably still more hidden but I'll find it.
One thing was unhappy about was the so called patch job was only a sheet of metal over the rusted bit hence why that part is so bad.

wish me look with the sill replacement!

Ouch thats nasty!!! Good luck with getting it sorted. I had something a bit like that on one side of mine, but nowhere near as bad as that lol, a bit of metal welded over and I was away. :)

A bit of Krust rust treatment and some sawdust and it will be fine.

You can replace the whole inner and outer sill mate!

wow, how old is your car?

mines 10 years old and it has no rust anywhere..... i mean i have been under it and if you scrape away at the mud.... its all clean and solid....

where do you live again, the dead sea?

yeah. that'l polish out tho...lol:wasntme:

Lol Hes a right Spanner for passing it....the place where we take are M.O.T's fail it if theres a Pin prick hole in the Sill....im coming to Tophams motor factors then (Y)

im not loking forward to getting my sills done either, you can see its quite badbut it aint broke through the paint yet (the paint has changed colour though) but im getting the crossmember replaced for £100 next wednesday

Hell, that's pretty serious. I don't fell quite so bad about my spoiler now. I expect mine are just as bad if I was to give them a poke though, on the driver's side, the sill is all wrinkly, god know how the previous owner did that,

Didn't pass really (see first post)

I thought if I showed these pics of my mistress they'd made people realise there is usually someone worse off, this time it's me :(

But no I have a real challenege and finally have a proper welding project to try.

Bit more fun today

23.11.JPG

My main concern now is if you look at the right side of that wonderful hole, the inner panel has a hole, the drivers side is worse too.
Gonna have to see if I can replace that too.

I've treated all the Rust with Kurust to at least stop it now, soon as the panels arrive I can see how much I can cut off, thing I have noticed is that the front 1/3 of the sills on both sides are ok, gott see whats easier, replace whole sill or the 2/3's.

What I find funny is on the right you can see the weld work I got done when I got it, thought that was the rust sorted!
hahahaha

OMG goldstar, sorry to see your car like this man, hope it all gets sorted out mate, mwah mwah mwah

the guy who said t-cut, that was well funny... laughing my baps off...keep up the good work private...

It's make or break time (I said break not breaking people)

My Golf sat there laughing at BEF wihen I was doing this, they don't get on much

I went down with my Bro 2day in his Van...:D
The Msc Tent got blown away coz of the Wind n rain u shoulda seen it...Every 1 was Soaking wet...Including the Girls in thin T.shirts:love:

P.S add my on Msnger Pweasee

Honestly mate was so Funny.....I saw lightnin n every 1 was Runnin around like hedless chickens Tents flying every where. Ppl had to hold there Stands up...But the Msc stand was jus a Pile of Green Poles :D

Was the worst thing that could happen Ohh look at this Pic i managed to take.

Attachments

• DSC00147.JPG
    DSC00147.JPG
    405.5 KB · Views: 240
Back