Just bought another purple k11 for my mum. Please help?!

Hi guys, we just bought purple k11 yesterday so there are a few problems right now.

It's basic standard k11 so it got 60k miles with one previous owner and 12 months mot & road tax

Coolant: there is so dirty coolant water so it got brown grease on this radiator cap. What do I need to do it?

Steering wheel: this steering wheel is not straight so how can I sort this out please?

There is no cig lighter plug so I need it so badly ASAP! How can I install cig lighter plug?

Thanks guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding coolant:
  1. Empty the system, by loosening the clamp on the bottom hose of the radiator. Use a tray or a cut-up can to collect the old coolant.
  2. Put hose back on, and tighten carefully.
  3. Fill the system with clean water from the top cap. When full, start the engine, and let it get warm (hoses get really warm after a while). You can leave the cap off, and top up during this session.
  4. When system has run with the clean water for some minutes, the system will have been flushed a bit cleaner. Now empty the system, like before.
  5. Tighten hose again. Mix water and blue coolant to the appropriate mixture (says how much on the coolant bottle). Fill up system through top cap.
  6. Start engine, and let it run nice and warm again. When the thermostat opens, trapped air will come out slowly, and you can top up with coolant.
  7. Tighten filler cap, and check coolant level in the expansion reservoir.
  8. Take the car for a spin, and check coolant level after cooling down. Should be fine or just need a slight topping up.
Purists will probably have you use special flushing liquids and whatnot, but this should do the trick for most simple, old cars.

Thanks Ulrich C. Coolant change is done now. :)

I need sort it out with this steering wheel and to install cig lighter plug. I am still finding these threads.

Does the car pull to one side, when you let go of the steering wheel? Then it might need to be tracked. Shouldn't cost much at your local garage.

I didn't check this yet. I will have a look tonight.

This steering wheel is not straight on these straight front wheels. It looks like parallel steering wheel.

There should be the wiring for the cigarette lighter behind the centre console trim :) just get a cigarette lighter from a scrap yard push it into the space and plug it into the connector blocks :)

As for the steering wheel.....get the wheels lined up straight then remove the wheel and put it back on in the right position :) xx

There should be the wiring for the cigarette lighter behind the centre console trim :) just get a cigarette lighter from a scrap yard push it into the space and plug it into the connector blocks :)
..If you can't find one in a scrap yard you can get a kit from halfords, they're not expensive, what I did for my k11 way back when :p

Thanks guys.

I will have a look how to set up on this steering wheel straight nicely.

The reason why I need to get cig lighter unit cos my mum always use sat nav for her work.

I have no clue to find these wires of near permanent live and an earth.

Please can anyone tell me thanks.

These wires has been modified with after market alarm, :/

79f6ce0bbee09b4d983b6239efec93b7.jpg
60821208c3db7315a01e5311f811c375.jpg

Ok so I managed to take this hazard light switch out. There are 8 wires. :s Which one is permanent live?

I am going to connect with one of these stereo permanent live wires. It got two red ones. :/ Which one shall I connect? Red with black or red with blue?

a. car bulb
b. wired up
c. connect to what you think is permanent live.leave one wire on the car body (earth - signal)
d. turn off ignition
e. stays lit up= permanent live.
f.up?

Back