Just bought a K12 1.2SE, help needed.

Hi all,
Based on the positive experiences of my boyfriend in his K11 micra, I've just bought a K12 1.2SE. I've got a couple of small niggles that I'd appreciate some help with.

1. Engine management light came on within 18 hours of leaving the garage, the AA diagnosed it is running lean on bank 1, and said it would be the front Oxygen/Lambda sensor. Is that correct? It's booked it to be replaced on Saturday.

2. Fuel economy isn't all I was hoping for, in real world terms I got 34.5mpg. Will this be affected by the O2 sensor? My 2nd tank seems a bit better, but only up to about 36 to 37mpg. Not what I was expecting I must be honest.

3. Radio reception is absolutely diabolical! I've followed the instructions in the maual to turn off AF and REGION on the radio, but it still remains deplorable. Is there an easy way to check the aerial connection, or is it the dash out job?

Cheers in advance,
Rog

Well O2 sensor has now been replaced and I'm amazed at the difference!

The car was smooth and peppy before, now its silky smooth and a very nice runner. Also my mpg has been transformed! Reset the computer when I left the garage, and I'm now getting 61.9 from the computer, so I'll expect that to transofrm into real life of about 55 at the pumps. A very happy K12 owner now.

Unfortunately the radio reception remains terrible, has anoyone got any ideas????

Has it got the correct aerial? When we purchased our micra somone had replaced the origional with a small aerial and reception was crap. If it is the origional, try pulling the head unit out and check the connection as you mentioned.

Cheers crack fox. I used the guide on here to look at the aerial connection today, and the aerial was all connected correctly.

I had a look at the aerial on the roof and all looks well. I think this weekend I will see if I can get an aerial amplifier fitted in and see if that helps.

if it is as bad as you say a booster will do nothing as your just boosting a poor signal to begin with.

I would check that the wire that connects to the aerial hasn't split or has any water ingress.

Mike

In the end I purchased a new aerial top from an Ebay seller for £3. Genuine Nissan part and its transformed the reception.

Now all I need is a good set of trims (rather than the crunched ones I have) and I'll have a cracking little car!

i am amazed at your fuel consumption. i am getting 47 miles to a gallon with my 55 plate 1.2. 35 is silly and 60 seems amazing. i think it takes time for the computer to work properly. i;ve heard this for a few different cars.

Well i figured it may take a while for the engine to settle with the new o2 sensor, and the computer is still returning 54mpg (5 days of 6 mile commute each way to work) and 2 evenings of 35 miles each way to see the other half), so I'll see how it goes at the pumps this weekend when I fill up. I'm estimating high 40's tho.

I reset the computer each fill up so that I always see a true reading over the tank.

Maybe I just drive slowly.

Back