Juddering under acceleration

Vitus992

Ex. Club Member
This morning, when accelerating the car was juddering quite badly and felt like it had flat spots through accellaration and crusing at low revs.
It felt like fuels starvation or some sort of electrical issue.
No lights on the dashboard and the engine sounded fine, any ideas...its the first wet day here for a while if that gives a clue?

Oh its a 160SR.

Mmm... mine's being doing something similar recently. Hope it's not the dreaded...

...Renaultitus! :eek:.

Yeah, mine only does it for the first couple of minutes when first setting off. Seems solid enough once under way. Anyone any suggestions?

...Renaultitus! :eek:.[/QUOTE]

thought you sussed it already :grinning: on k11's the idle valve needs a clean now and then i think, got it on the k12 ?

Thanks frank I will have a peek at that.
It is a strange thing, 30 minute drive to work, first 15 minutes it was fine then last 15 minutes it was odd. Acceleration had flat spots then it was as if the fuel was restricted momentarily, the engine didnt cut out but juddered - as if you were jabbing the brakes very (very) quickly. I don't think its a miss fire as the engine sounded fine, can a dodgy alternator do this if it isn't getting enough electrical power to the coil packs?
It has been 28 degrees here for the last few days and last night it tipped down with rain so damp or condensation?
I haven't got a fault reader yet, is it worth getting one of these to plug in and see if there are any errors stored?
Any advice is appreciated.

Daren

Not sure Daren, it looks good though... ESM says system uses ODB, not OBD 2. Not sure what the difference is though...

Just ordered the one you linked Daren. All cars after 1996 are OBD2 :blush:.

Yeah Daren, mine arrived today and works flawlessly. I had:

P302 - misfire on cylinder 2
P303 - misfire on cylinder 3

GOes just fine after the first minute where I can feel the occasional stumble. Probably just plug gaps or something. I'm more worried about my inner tie rod end tbh. Nissan want over a grand for the whole steering rack. I'd honestly rather park in a Nissan forecourt and torch it than pay that grr. If a scrappy or reman company don't turn up trumps, I'm gonna scrap it or part-ex it for something else grr.

GOes just fine after the first minute where I can feel the occasional stumble. Probably just plug gaps or something. I'm more worried about my inner tie rod end tbh. Nissan want over a grand for the whole steering rack. I'd honestly rather park in a Nissan forecourt and torch it than pay that grr. If a scrappy or reman company don't turn up trumps, I'm gonna scrap it or part-ex it for something else grr.

id get a second opinion on that mate go to a garage and say something is up with my steering can you tell me what it is if anything!

This happened to me on my clio, it's a cheap fix, if only i could remember what it was. It was something to do with the leads, i can't remember the name of the leads but i know it was those.

£1k wtf?? Am I missing something here, I know this link isnt for a micra but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MJOtr-vj6M seems that they are a straight forward replacement, or cant you get inner tyrods for K12 with power steering?

A member on here, Kris C, has totally come up trumps for me (Y). Reckons we can get a remanufactured lower rack for £70 which will cure the prob :grinning:.

A member on here, Kris C, has totally come up trumps for me (Y). Reckons we can get a remanufactured lower rack for £70 which will cure the prob :grinning:.
Good work to the man - and another tutorial for the website!

Nah Frank, it's this bit we need to replace:

Rack.png

Back