Juddering/misfire at low revs '02 Tempest 1.0 Auto

Hi All - just discovered this forum!

My wife's Micra has recently developed a slight juddering at low revs when accelerating away from roundabouts etc. which I am pretty sure is a misfire since it appears to be engine related - Have read some threads on re-soldering throttle pots etc but ours is a later model with a different TP.

I've started by putting Redex in with fuel to clear injectors etc but would appreciate any further advice on how to sort this before resorting to going to the garage.

Many thanks

Hi All - just discovered this forum!

My wife's Micra has recently developed a slight juddering at low revs when accelerating away from roundabouts etc. which I am pretty sure is a misfire since it appears to be engine related - Have read some threads on re-soldering throttle pots etc but ours is a later model with a different TP.

I've started by putting Redex in with fuel to clear injectors etc but would appreciate any further advice on how to sort this before resorting to going to the garage.

Many thanks
I recently done the solder job on my 1994 K11, I since found out that it only works on cars with a coil pack, mine has distributor so check that if yours is coil pack first. It is an easy job to do as well, I found a guide here

https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/throttle-body-re-soldering.42015/

Also another check would be the coolant temperature sensor (2 pin sensor on the side of the engine block, on the right hand side when you look into the engine bay). Mine was doing the same recently then got very lumpy, turns out one of my injectors died, luckily a few people on this site suggested things and it led me to test the injectors, I wouldn't have thought injectors as it was intermittent at one point but looks like I found a decent forum to join and get the right advice.

One of your coilpacks could be faulty. Also unplug the MAF sensor on the side of the throttle body to see if it runs better.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Back