• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

J's K10 LS.

think its bearings in wiper motor, try putting a load of WD40 into the spindle as a quick fix, or strip down and grease if ur doing it properly!

Most the costs were in labour. Apparently it costs £50 for a new motor and £150 in the labour, same for the lights(Wiring fault). At the point of these fixes I had no license, wasn't paying for it and in most cases didn't even know till it'd already been done.

Got my Haynes and have started fixing little problems with the car. The idea is that I get a grasp on maintenence of the car, so I can stop forking out silly sums for labour.

Spare fuse was the nearest thing that'd work! What can I say? I'm lazy.:wasntme:

Edit: Anyone know why my driver side wiper always squeeks at the windscreen? I changed the blades this morning but it's still doing it regardless off the amount of water it's washing off...

thats good to hear! and a micra is a good place to start but still like what the hell at £150 for labour, bout a 5 - 10min job on a micra.

http://micra.source-dq.com/js/door.jpg
Sprayed my door cards black today. When under even lighting the blotches of bad spray is obvious but it looks fine under natural light and in the door. :>

Now I just need to replace the weather sheet in the passenger door and I can put that one on too. What I plan to do now is spray the dash black, then keep the center console grey. Kinda going for a two tone grey/black feel.

Edit: Anyone know where I can get a new set of window winders? Complete with pins/attaching mechanism?

Was thinking that, but I don't have much money right now. After my insurance goes through I can be a bit more liberal with my cash, but till then it's tight for now...I still haven't got a sheet of plastic/tarp to stick on the door so my door cards don't get soggy!

That being said, I was just about to update the blog about an offer I found that I could not refuse.

12" 200watt RMS 4ohm 95spl JBL P.A. Speaker (Designed as a Mini Sub)
300watt Car Mini-Amplifier (40x80x110mm HxWxD)
Total Spent: £40.

Got them off a friend who has a load of P.A. gear. The power amps blew in his Active JBLs and he chucked one my way. Lovely bit of kit. The mini-amp has yet to arrive (shipped by Royal mail rather than courier :/) but sounds reasonable. 300watt from something that size is nice.

I plan to mount the sub under the driver seat and the power amp under the passenger seat. I test fitted the sub under the seat and after removing the felt from the carpet, there's 1cm of space between the sub and the nearest thing it could hit. I plan to hold the sub in place with some wire attached to the seat mounting bolts. Should be a laugh! 200watt of sub under my arse. :D

Wow. Put on some bass heavy music and it's like a massage. Really like the subs under the seat idea. Might mount another under the passenger seat. :D

sub under the seat nice, the girls will love that, they'l be done before you even get to first bass lol
My girlfriend said she liked it, wants me to put one under the passenger seat as well. ;)

I would do too, but I slide the passenger seat about so much I'd end up worrying about damage to the speaker cone, which as it stands is still an issue for the driver side one when I'm shifting my P.A. around. I'll try and get some pictures later, but about 1" of the top of the speaker pokes up from the back of the driver seat, so I'm apprehensive about letting anyone sit in that side of the back now. Should look into getting some thin wood to make some sort of enclosure. It's just so lacking in space under there.

The method I used to get it under there:-
Step 1) Bend the seat slide wire so it doesn't catch on the speaker.
Step 2) Remove the carpet wadding or what ever it is around the speaker area.
Step 3) Tie a big knot in a piece of string then thread it up through the carpet.
Step 4) Tie string to the speaker tightly.
Step 5) Profit.

Simple bodge, and it works. ;)

Micra's being scrapped. Anyone want a cold air feed induction kit, stealth parcel shelf or any other parts?

Being replaced by a Fiat Punto...

hohoho expect bigger bills, if your replacing a broken micra for a punto.
Well, as it stands the micra's got a sheered bolt on the passenger wheel hub (£50ish to fix) but then it's got a massive dent in the door/fender where an old guy drove into me, then there's the fact the ring gears lost nearly all its teeth making starting it a pain in the arse. I figured the total cost of fixing the micra (120,000 miles now!) equals about the cost of this punto. Plus the punto's just had its breaks done, 12mo taxed, 12mo mot, 80k on the clock, was driven by a granny and takes my insurance down another £100. For £450 it's not bad. :p

Well, as it stands the micra's got a sheered bolt on the passenger wheel hub (£50ish to fix) but then it's got a massive dent in the door/fender where an old guy drove into me, then there's the fact the ring gears lost nearly all its teeth making starting it a pain in the arse. I figured the total cost of fixing the micra (120,000 miles now!) equals about the cost of this punto. Plus the punto's just had its breaks done, 12mo taxed, 12mo mot, 80k on the clock, was driven by a granny and takes my insurance down another £100. For £450 it's not bad. :p

fair enough mate.

Back