Joining the band wagon

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
i really should do a compression test eh LR :wasntme:
and i dunno shaun tbh, i guess det on a boosted engine is serious, and N/A ftw mate (make sure you use a coilpack inlet mani and GA16 t/b and red QG18 injectors)
But power wise surely the forced induction would be better? but perhaps less reliable?
Sorry if the question was a little vague i meant anyone experienced detonation on a stock engine with a turbo. :blush:

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Im unaware of any DET on mine and tbh i'd prefer to keep it that way :laugh:

Boost just lets you get more power easier and apparently cheaper than the equivalent NA. Providing you dont keep going through engines / try to run something stupid :)

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Im unaware of any DET on mine and tbh i'd prefer to keep it that way :laugh:

Boost just lets you get more power easier and apparently cheaper than the equivalent NA. Providing you dont keep going through engines / try to run something stupid :)
See that is my problem other than an explosion from the engine or it actually dying on you how else can you tell. if i decide to force induce in the future i want to know everything because i would have to gather all the parts and get it done in a week off.

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Its probably impossible to know for certain...knock sensors will let you know, but for example if they are installed in the wrong place they can give false results. Checking spark plugs can also give you hints. Engine performance aswell.

I've just worked from if the fuel is there DET is less likely, which is why i run the car slightly rich and run the higher octane fuel. Maybe a bit simplistic but seems to be working...theres alot more on the net than i could pretend to know, just gotta try and avoid the hear say.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Standard CG13 engine will not det even when running +20deg advance on the stock map.

Constant det WILL and there are NO exceptions to this kill _ANY_ engine.

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
i really should do a compression test eh LR :wasntme:
and i dunno shaun tbh, i guess det on a boosted engine is serious, and N/A ftw mate (make sure you use a coilpack inlet mani and GA16 t/b and red QG18 injectors)

I'm not hugely surprised to hear of det if you are talking about your CG13 with 1.0 pistons and weld filled head, that must surely be on the limits of pump fuel? You must be verging into the 13:1 or something....

Which reminds me, I wonder what happened to EBB and his super high comp CG13? I hope it didn't let go when he added nitrous together with those lovely choice Bosch Super 4's :wasntme:

LOL, N/A det FTW? You could be onto a new sticker fad there Frank ;)

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
With regards to engine oil,is it best to stick to the same Oil when turboing a Micra or is a different grade Oil prefered? If so which one?