• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

joesouthgate's LDV Cub

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Just a simple blog with the few bits I have done to my work van, LDV Cubs are basically Nissan Vanettes rebadged so it is Jap :)

Bought it like this:
1.jpg

Resprayed it bright green:
2.jpg

Did the trailer jetter and wheel trims the same:
3.jpg

Didn't like the wheel trims so I stuck some black ones on and I sign wrote the van:
IMG_1132.jpg

Signwriten jetter and added personalised plate:
4.jpg

:)

OP
OP
joesouthgate

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Lol yer thats the idea :) Nah needs to be practical for the business plus I don't even think they do lowered suspension for it!

OP
OP
joesouthgate

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
2.3 non turbo diesel. When I'm towing the jetter full of water (1.2ton) it is f*cking slow!

Daniel

I WILL be back...
I'm sure there's a way to lower it :grinning:. But like you say, it wouldn't be practical. Could always go for some alloys (Y). And a non-turbo diesel? That doesn't make any sense for a van :eek:

haha yeah the 2.3 is not the quickest of lumps even in turbo form. ive had one or two lent to me in the past by my boss quite a lot of room in them tho (Y)

OP
OP
joesouthgate

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Yer it is nice and comfy as it is derived from the Nissan Serena people carrier. May put on alloys if some turn up dirt cheap but I ain't spending much on it.

OP
OP
joesouthgate

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Lol couldn't be much less economical than it is at the moment. About 23mpg while towing the trailer :eek:

Daniel

I WILL be back...
I thought it look like a Serena. But alloys would be cool, without spending a fortune. Modified work vans look quite cool. The garage I used to work at has got a modified white Transit (just the normal shape, not LWB or anything special) - banded black steelies (about 2" of banding on the front, 4" on the back), air ride, black badboy bonnet, custom leather interior, Xenon headlights, fogs, straight through exhaust system, pressed metal plates, smoothed bodywork all over, open mouth bumper/grills with mesh, tinted lights and windows, de-badged, and all liveried up. Looks awesome, wish I still worked there so I could drive it :laugh:. It's the top of the range ST engine as well, so it's fairly rapid. I think modified work vans give off a good image (Y)

OP
OP
joesouthgate

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Yer I got weighed at a scrap metal place and with a full trailer its weighs in at around 3.3ton!

2 litre serena was great (compared to the 1.6 petrol anyway! LOL!)

Wierd rear suspension set up, transverse fibreglass leaf spring! and the 2 litre oil filter? What a nightmare to change!

When I was an apprentice we were working on a serena with a knocking noise from the rear. I was driving round the train station car park (oval shape with 2 big speed bumps) and the mechanic training me was hanging out the back. When I bumped over the speedbumps the tailgate would lift him slightly as he was holding onto it. The faster I drove the more it tried to lift. We both thought this was hilarious....

Until the laughter from the rear stopped and the tailgate opened fully. I stopped and looked out the window, only to see the mechanic I worked with (an Ex rugby player for Heriots) chargeing across the carpark towards me looking andgry with a very muddy face!
The serena 2 litres superior acceleration helped here! :laugh:

Daniel

I WILL be back...
When I was an apprentice we were working on a serena with a knocking noise from the rear. I was driving round the train station car park (oval shape with 2 big speed bumps) and the mechanic training me was hanging out the back. When I bumped over the speedbumps the tailgate would lift him slightly as he was holding onto it. The faster I drove the more it tried to lift. We both thought this was hilarious....

Until the laughter from the rear stopped and the tailgate opened fully. I stopped and looked out the window, only to see the mechanic I worked with (an Ex rugby player for Heriots) chargeing across the carpark towards me looking andgry with a very muddy face!
The serena 2 litres superior acceleration helped here! :laugh:

That's a quality story :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:. I bet he wasn't impressed :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.