• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

joesouthgate's Blue Micra SR ... Coming Soon - CarBQ

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
I'm back to the world of Micra Ownership! Tonight I picked up the 5th Micra I've owned, a 1997 Blue SR.
Not many pics yet just the ones from the advert and a couple of dark ones when I was just unloading it.
Its quite rough round the edges but I can complain for £240 with a few months test left.

R322%20BMA-001.jpg

R322%20BMA-002.jpg

R322%20BMA-003.jpg

R322%20BMA-004.jpg

R322%20BMA-005.jpg

R322%20BMA-006.jpg

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
last time i tried to drive one of your cars to JAE, things didn't quite go to plan.... but hell yea i am up for that! unless i have my own car to bring with me

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
lets hope everything goes according to plan this time, i suppose there is no real high quality cars being driven so maybe it will work out!

OP
OP
joesouthgate

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Productive day today :)
Removed the dash and fitted remote central locking to it. Found £2 but managed to crack the windscreen so think I'm still down financially!
New Key:
R322%20BMA-012.jpg

De-bumpstripped the drivers side, unfortunately theres a crease in the door so on the hunt for a new one:
R322%20BMA-010.jpg

And did the horizontal rear wiper mod :
R322%20BMA-011.jpg

OP
OP
joesouthgate

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Bad times, I suspect the Micra has a blown headgasket, ran it up to temp today and the temp just kept on rising, lots of bubbling in the expansion tank and a bit of mayo in the oil cap when I checked afterwards (wasn't there when I bought it)
I do still have the 2 halfs of my old SR in Wales which I need to recover to transplant the engine into this now.

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Bad times, I suspect the Micra has a blown headgasket, ran it up to temp today and the temp just kept on rising, lots of bubbling in the expansion tank and a bit of mayo in the oil cap when I checked afterwards (wasn't there when I bought it)
I do still have the 2 halfs of my old SR in Wales which I need to recover to transplant the engine into this now.
Oh dear :|
Saveable I hope :)

Clodo

Club Member
Productive day today :)
Removed the dash and fitted remote central locking to it. Found £2 but managed to crack the windscreen so think I'm still down financially!
New Key:
R322%20BMA-012.jpg

De-bumpstripped the drivers side, unfortunately theres a crease in the door so on the hunt for a new one:
R322%20BMA-010.jpg

And did the horizontal rear wiper mod :
R322%20BMA-011.jpg
I have the same remote locking and I'm pretty sure it's draining my battery beyond relief.. :( xx