• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Joe's Micra Si

Well, I was gonna wait till my car was in a bit of a better state than she is now, but I got a bit bored and thought, I may as well start this blog or I'll never get round to starting it!

So this is my car. It's a 1.3 Si
DSCN1254.jpg

Haven't done much to it yet, but I'll briefly list what I can remember haha
New headunit, de-rear wipered, prefacelift boothandle (thinking of putting the facelift one back on), painted front grill black, front splitter. I think that's it, but knowing me I'll have forgotten something...

So tell me what ya think, and I'll add more photos at some point.

Well realistic plans include Rover 400 sideskirts and maybe a spot of ICE. But what I'd really like to do is sort out the exhaust from manifold to backbox. I've also got a set of taillights in the backseat ready to tint. While I'm at it I'll probably tint the side repeaters, and paint the inside of my headlights.

Good project being black & an Si,looking forward to seeing progress.
Lower it with an eyebrow bonnet & that'll look sick.
It's easier to mask & tint your rear lights in the car as you'll disturb the sticky stuff Nissan use to keep the water out..
Any more pics?

Well at the minute I have 'temporary' taillights on while I tint my own. I thought it'd be better to keep a couple stock ones about in case I get slapped on the wrist... So I've already dealt with the lovely goo haha.
I forgot to mention I have debumpstripped it as well, but I guess most people do that.
I'll put more pictures up after she's had a good clean before me holiday next week.

It'll be there a lot, I work there hahahaha
By the way, did you fit the boot release cable thing in your Si? If you did what bits did you need and how did you fit it? Thanks.

yearh, you need a a boot realse cable (its the fuel realse cable aswell as (all in one) a boot catch (bottem and top) and fuel relase/boot realse handle...

i have them all bar the cable ;) you can have them if you want?

Bit pointless without the cable lol. Mickey&me is breaking a super s in buy and sell but I can't remember if the super s has the boot release or not, he's checking for me :D

nope as far as iam aware it was the prefeclifts only lol..i dont know why nissan did it. unless they found that the cables kept snapping? so they decided not to bother with a boot realse on the facelift?? :S

I know what ya mean, but it was such a joy having my boot release cable in my prefacelift. I want that joy back!!! I'm sick of having to turn the engine off and get out the car to let my mate get his stuff out my boot. I end up just using the backseat...

Back