• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Joe's K11 Vibe Blog

Joe.Powell

Ex. Club Member
Hello Everyone, Im doing quite a bit to my car at the moment, so I thought a blog should be started :D

Ok, here's the first installment of images, Just after the day I bought her!

2 Previous owners, 1 Old Lady, and my sister, so I know shes been in good hands :D

P9080004.jpg

P9080006.jpg

At this point, No Tax, No MOT, No Insurance and No Petrol :O

Let the modding begin!

(more pics later today)

MacMicra

Deactivated Account
At this point, No Tax, No MOT, No Insurance and No Petrol :O

Let the modding begin!

HAHA i am in exactly the same position buddy

all i have done is:
*black rear lights
*new front kenwood speakers and 6x9 kenwood speakers
*new kenwood cd player
*and a cool nissan chrome gear knob on ebay :) its a nice little touch

OP
OP
Joe.Powell

Joe.Powell

Ex. Club Member
Fastest Modder Ever!

No.. Its taken about a month, and a lot of forgotten camera pictures :p

New Head Unit Installed

PC020092.jpg

Sub and Amp Installed

PC020097.jpg

Exhaust Tip - No new backbox for me on my insurance :(

PC020088.jpg

Tacho Installed

PC020094.jpg

Nismo Stickers On Back Windows

PC020089.jpg

And im just on my way out to get a new air filter :D

OP
OP
Joe.Powell

Joe.Powell

Ex. Club Member
Look what arrived today, well not today, but I could be bothered to take a piccy :)

£0.99 From Ebay

grille.jpg

Gonna be having a go at open mouthing it.

And Dont you just love having people + luggage in your car

lowered1.jpg

So tempted to get some lowering springs now

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
You don't need springs just have lots of people in your car, lol. Where did you get the Tacho From? Also great buy off ebay.

OP
OP
Joe.Powell

Joe.Powell

Ex. Club Member
Tacho came from ebay, cost about a tenner, but its broken, sitting on my desk, they are sending me a replacement. If it works ill recomend it, if not, dont waste your money.

Grille is a proper nissan one, I thought it would be a knock off for 99p :p

OP
OP
Joe.Powell

Joe.Powell

Ex. Club Member
Here are a couple of Xmas Updates

SatNav, plugged into my half working lighter socket, which ive hidden behind the ashtray.

satnav.jpg

Tacho, sent me a new one from ebay, it works this time, but its still a bit anoying, as it makes a rattleing sound, see videos, if they ever upload.

tacho.jpg

Sub Box, a mate of mine didnt want his sub anymore, shame the speaker was bust :( and the box has been with some cats, so it needs new fabric, but its smaller than my current one, so I can reclaim some boot space, which is all good!

subbox.jpg

Videos - I was trying to show my Tacho working, and show my ICE, but the combination of driving, music and holding a camera is beyond me :p

Vid 1

Vid 2

Vid 3

OP
OP
Joe.Powell

Joe.Powell

Ex. Club Member
nice base model mate just keep the mods simple dont go over the top with things subtle FTW!!!!

Lol, I wouldnt want to offend anyone :p

Honest to god, I had plans for this beast, but insurance / funds are holding me back a tad, gonna do some work on the grille tomorow.

OP
OP
Joe.Powell

Joe.Powell

Ex. Club Member
I was going to write a guide to do it, maybe at the weekend ill give it a go, basically, red wire to the +ve, black to the -ve or earth, green to the blue wire in ur engine bay on the dizzy. Easy when u start

capnmchl

Ex. Club Member
Got any updates on the grill.

I'm gonna do mine when I pick up some fibreglass. What are you cutting it out with by the way?

OP
OP
Joe.Powell

Joe.Powell

Ex. Club Member
Pshharrr details, the wiring job its pretty nice inside the car, you cant tell its there, but I gave up after about a hour, and wanted some bass, it is much neater, Ive got a few surprises ready for the weekend, so more pics coming soon !

Got any updates on the grill.

I'm gonna do mine when I pick up some fibreglass. What are you cutting it out with by the way?

I started using just a basic hacksaw, but im tempted to use a angle grinder, just for speed. Fiberglassing im hoping to do at work, but my lunch is currently taken up by eating, so I might have to do it at home :p I think I finish early, so I shall give it a bash and post some results