Jenvey Throttle bodies (ITB's)

I've read up on a fair few itb builds now and the setup I want are the jenvey ones the inlet manifold and throttle bodies them selfs look very well done but I can't seem to find them for sale anywhere for the CG13DE engine..

Any help will be much appreciated.

2491af465da13c89b18aae5de2e5c36b.jpg

423ed28976ab66951b460254d37648bd.jpg

53bf5683d5852b6572c1dd081273d9f8.jpg

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Plenty, from memory they run about £1500 including injectors.

With regards to the loom, you have 2 main options really. Either use one of their cheaper semi-assembled looms which are about £60 and splice that into the existing loom. Or go for one of the more expensive fully assembled looms of which prices are variable. Although I would say anything above a road spec loom is overkill unless you're rallying and need something with a bit more integrity to keep out the elements.

Okay buddy cheers for all the help so far has help greatly. Where would I find these looms you speak of?

This will be the spec of the engine:

CG13DE Engine (New water pump, All new gaskets, New cam chain, New sensors, New plugs, Fresh oil)
CG10DE Pistons and Brand New piston rings
CG13DE Cylinder head, Ports match to manifolds and gaskets and any imperfections smoothed out
CG13DE Rods, Crank and flywheel all lightened and balanced
ARP Head bolts and Rod bolts so I can safely raise the rev limiter
Uprated ignition leads
Alloy uprated radiator with suitable kenlow fan
Tubular 4-2-1 Stainless steel manifold into a single box stainless steel 2" system
Jenvey ITB's and Jenvey inlet manifold (Injectors and rail to suite)
Possibly Hilift / Long duration cams but I'm unsure as of yet which to go for.
Omex management mapped on a rolling road

Would this crack or at least be close to the 130BHP mark?

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
All parts are available direct from Omex Technology.

All the info and and a PDF price list located here: http://omextechnology.co.uk/page75.html

Power wise, cracking past 130bhp should be no problem at all on that spec.

Below is a dyno pull of a standard CG13DE, (i.e. unopened and no head work), 4-2-1 manifold & system and '773' profile cams from Matt Humphris. They're 264deg duration ~9mm lift, (26/58/58/26 timings).

HNID8irW

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
So the awnser is yes unless I'm doing something seriously wrong aha.

:)

On the same dyno I'd expect to see at least another 10bhp peak but more importantly a nice boost in torque over the whole rev range over that earlier example. That in itself will make for a pretty rapid and driveable car. The car dyno'd there would reach 60mph in ~7.5secs as a guide.

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
I agree mine was a similar spec and ran about 130bhp. I couldn't get arp rod bolts. I sent them a standard rod bolt but they couldn't marry one up.
That engine in that pic looks very familiar.....

:)

On the same dyno I'd expect to see at least another 10bhp peak but more importantly a nice boost in torque over the whole rev range over that earlier example. That in itself will make for a pretty rapid and driveable car. The car dyno'd there would reach 60mph in ~7.5secs as a guide.
That's a glanza beater ???

pork

Club Member
Plenty, from memory they run about £1500 including injectors.

Ouch!

What about bike itb's?

Bogg bro mani is £200-ish, then jus find a suitable set of itb's.

I-jonez mini is using them now I think, and skinner may be swapping his carbs for a set too

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Bike ITB's can be made to work very well even if you add the cost of proper inlet trumpets. Below is a set I previously put together.

20130204_215011-jpg.21784

They look awesome are they just connected to something like a boggbros inlet manifold by some silicone hose ? what bike bodies work best and with what management ?
Bike ITB's can be made to work very well even if you add the cost of proper inlet trumpets. Below is a set I previously put together.

20130204_215011-jpg.21784

pork

Club Member
If you choose your itb's first, along with the proper rubber connectors, then send the lot to bogg bros, they will make the mani to suit those

I think any itb's would be ok, you just need the right injectors

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
They look awesome are they just connected to something like a boggbros inlet manifold by some silicone hose ? what bike bodies work best and with what management ?

Those haven't been pared up to anything yet but the intent would be exactly that.

As mentioned GSXR600 throttles work well. They're well sized, (38mm), for most power requirements and the cylinder spacing is as close as you get to the CG engine without having to go too mad on a convoluted manifold. GSXR throttlebodies from larger engines e.g. GSXR750 are a bit big in my opinion, (42mm), and may hamper tractability/response somewhat.

Jenveys run with a very big throttle, (42mm-45mm taperbore), but they have an exceptionally good system taper, so will take a larger body naturally with the butterfly closer towards the bellmouth, (see pic below).

rIYdD4rm

Management wise, any ECU that is capable of mapping Alpha-N, such as Omex 600, DTA S40, Emerald K6, Megasquirt etc.

Is there any way I can just wire the current injector wires to the ITB injectors and plug the fuel rail into the existing fuel lines and the just have the ECU for a plug and play type or do I HAVE to make up my own part of the loom/ buy a pre made one.

Mechanical wise I can do everything and anything but unless it's very simple wiring I get easyily lost and so I tend to try and stay away from wiring, so I think I'm first going get get some itb's, injectors and a mani ect all made up fitted with the throttle linkage all set up and and then try to find someone that is happy to do the wiring side of it and map it for me and just buy what ever management and loom they need to get it working.

I prefer the look of jenvey bodies as hey look such better build quality

I run megasquirt and I ditched alpha-n for itb load sensing which uses a combination of tps&map. It made the engine much more drivable as a daily car.

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Is there any way I can just wire the current injector wires to the ITB injectors and plug the fuel rail into the existing fuel lines and the just have the ECU for a plug and play type or do I HAVE to make up my own part of the loom/ buy a pre made one.

Mechanical wise I can do everything and anything but unless it's very simple wiring I get easyily lost and so I tend to try and stay away from wiring, so I think I'm first going get get some itb's, injectors and a mani ect all made up fitted with the throttle linkage all set up and and then try to find someone that is happy to do the wiring side of it and map it for me and just buy what ever management and loom they need to get it working.

I prefer the look of jenvey bodies as hey look such better build quality

Yes, that's what you would do with a semi assembled loom as you would be splicing into the existing connections inside the car. Whatever option you chose there will be wiring involved. So, it's yes on both counts really.

I run megasquirt and I ditched alpha-n for itb load sensing which uses a combination of tps&map. It made the engine much more drivable as a daily car.

Out of interest, how much vacuum do you draw at idle?