Japfest 2, Donington Park, Sunday 10th July 2011

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
I have managed to sort out a few things on the Leon this week and tidy it up a bit, considering externally it's a bit of a shed lol!

Looking a little better now mind you.

I'll be promoting Pro Cut Vinyl as much as I can do at the show. Hopefully everything will arrive in time, as always things getting done at the last minute.

Kev

davedaveld

Ex. Club Member
I wish I had some more money to put into the car my lowering springs haven't turned up yet so I wont be able to get that done its all good

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Does anyone who is attending the show want any MSC stickers or any other graphics making up?

I will have a selection of designs with me, but if anyone wants anything specific I can knock them up before the show.

procutvinyl.co.uk just about has our entire range now uploaded and available.

thanks
Kev

mine came today too with the track stuff it says need to be fully covered can that be trousers and a thin jumper? also doesnt say anything about helmet hire!!!!

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
mine came today too with the track stuff it says need to be fully covered can that be trousers and a thin jumper? also doesnt say anything about helmet hire!!!!
That should be fine Will, and as for helmet hire it says they do on the website:
Q: Is helmet hire available on the day or do I need to bring my own?
A: We advise you to bring your own British Standard-approved Motorsport helmet where possible, although there will be a limited number available for hire on the day (credit card deposit required). Helmets are mandatory for drivers and passengers and helmet straps must be securely done up.

Frank and will, just in case it wasn't clear in the forms, your briefing session is at 9am and you go out onto the track at 10am :)

James.

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
James no sign of my tickets yet. Did they go 1st/2nd class?

Spank u
They all went first class, yours was in the first batch which were sent out Mon night.

The second batch was sent out last night so should arrive by Friday :)

James.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Just checked, got mine James :). Getting there before 9 is gonna mean getting up awfully early :(. Anyone know the postcode for the place?

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
Mine hasn't turned up:(

Postcode I believe is DE74 2RP according to donnington park website.
I sent yours in the second batch so it should arrive tomorrow :)

If you cant make it for 9 that should still be ok, but if you can it would be great to arrive before :)

James

Guy

Club Member
Gonna try for about 8:30-8:45 to get parked up before the hoards. Mine's gonna be valeted and waxed to within an inch of it's life (Y).

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
ahh crap, sorry guys I may not be able to attend now.

Our family business is currently being sold and the change over was planned for tomorrow.

This looks like it's going to be delayed a few days, which means I'll now be working over the weekend grr

Kev

euro_micra

Matt :)
Recieved mine today, thanks James.(Y)

Doesn't look like mine will get a good clean with this rain, and weather forecast looks like it's showers all day sunday too:(

Guy

Club Member
Quick tip for everyone! Meguiar's Ultimate wash and wax (£14ish from Halfrauds iirc) isn't as good as a proper wax but it's BLOOMIN close, beads the rain off nicely as well, especially after a couple of washes (Y).

frank

Club Member
mine might get a steamclean tomorrow, if i can be arsed :)
and we have to overtake on the left ffs :eek: give that n/s mirror a good clean will :laugh:

frank

Club Member
Ill fold it in frank just for u if i can get.my tires sorted tomorrow lol

i,ve got some reversed 13,s if you,re stuck will, and i,ve just had to fix some towloops on mine, to drag me out the sandtraps lol (i had removed the fronts and cut the rear one off eh :wasntme:)

Frank whats your num ill meet u before breifing also i need to fet hold of karl first to give him wheels and he said hed hold onto my stuff!

Car packed up ready for tomorrow
5ce82b0e-b3ba-0928.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for those on the track

Q: Do I need a driving licence to take my car on the track?
A: Yes, you will be required to show your full UK or other EU state driving licence Both parts in the case of photocard licenses.

frank

Club Member
for those on the track

Q: Do I need a driving licence to take my car on the track?
A: Yes, you will be required to show your full UK or other EU state driving licence Both parts in the case of photocard licenses.

i have to hope it only applies to the later black and white photocard licence karl coz i only have 1 card :eek:

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
maybe they want the examiner who passed you to come is well
what kind of jokes running here and alot of other places ?, a licence is a licence ?

frank

Club Member
it was great to meet you guys :grinning: and a good turnout ! (the 2 red facelifts, guy and pete,s k12,s, matt and will and my prefacelifts, and arnold and james and karl too :cool:
i had a mad spin on turn 1 lol :wasntme: (matt has footage apparently) and a scary tankslapper over the back of the track :eek: but what an exhilarating 15 mins !

Attachments

• SDC12362.JPG
    SDC12362.JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 660

euro_micra

Matt :)
Franks spin...
[video=youtube;nSNS27i2iSY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSNS27i2iSY&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

More vids to come, just got to upload them.

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
Good to see you all, thanks for making it a good event, id quite like to organise a bigger stand for next year! Literally just stopped at the pub for some dinner! :) good to see the micras on track, and I understand Will got a compliment from another driver! (Y)

Quite pleased with my MR2s dyno results too!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
Whoops forgot to upload them!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1310326474871.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1310326474871.jpg
    660 KB · Views: 571
  • uploadfromtaptalk1310326524282.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1310326524282.jpg
    996 KB · Views: 544

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
Good to see you all, thanks for making it a good event, id quite like to organise a bigger stand for next year! Literally just stopped at the pub for some dinner! :) good to see the micras on track, and I understand Will got a compliment from another driver! (Y)

Quite pleased with my MR2s dyno results too!

How did the mr2 do james ?

thanks for a great day everyone i had no charge in my phone but will rob the ones josh took an post em up when im on my laptop think we've persuaded him to get a k11 as his first car aswell :-D

Quite literally lol! I have new problems i think i boiled my brake fluid as its yonks old and knackered an existing well worn ball joint! As i now get hard wobble even at low speeds and undee hard braking can feel some like pushing the brake pedal back and the pedals very spongy!