Japfest 2, Donington Park, Sunday 10th July 2011

James

Chairman
Sunday 10th July 2011

Okay guys, let's get the ball rolling on some national meets for the Summer 2011 show season!

First up is Japfest 2 (unfortunately we missed the boat for JF1).

There's loads of stuff going on, and Donington Park is a great venue (I've been to a couple of Donny shows there).

Stuff on offer includes:

• Maxxis British Drift Championship drifting
  • Drift Taxis - get a ride in a drift car
  • Personal track time, get your Micra on the track to put it through its paces!
  • Live Action Arena
  • Autojumble

If we book a club stand you can get a discounted ticket price of £13 per ticket (compared to £18 on the gate).

At the moment I'm just drumming up interest to see if we can get a stand together, so if you're interested please put your name down in this thread.

If you're also interested in track time make sure you mention that when posting. The price for this is £20 per 15 minute session.

Current MSC Stand List:

Arnold - Glanza
James - Toyota MR2
Kev - Seat Leon Cupra
will930 - K11
davedaveld - K11
mario1293 - K11
Guy - K12 FTW
Karlj - K10 (again)

Cheers,
James.

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
and before anyone bangs about non micra's being there, this is about bringing 'club members' together, and to get Micra's there, we need you in your numbers.

if we get the numbers, mine and James's car will be at the rear of the stand parked out of the way.

This should be the first of a few major show events we shall be attending, we are starting with this one being a one day event and other events will be spread over a full weekend.

I would really like to see you there Micra or not (Y)

Would love to go but it's too close to due date for my little un :down:....... unless I can convince the missus that I don't need to be there if she does drop :laugh:

Right I've had a word with her and she said "if you want to go then go" then she said "but I would of had a week of sleepless nights" ahh well guilt trips don't work on me :laugh:

• James - Peugeot 406
  • Kev - Seat Leon Cupra
  • karl - K10 (if it ain't broke)

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Come on guys, you have been crying out for more shows, this one is about as central as we make it, one day commitment and at Donington Park!

At this rate it won't be worth getting a club stand together. We need at least another 6 people.

davedaveld

Ex. Club Member
I will be there my micra isnt the fastest or best looking but it is a micra my misses would like to go would she have to say the £18 being a non club member

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
We may have to pull this event guys I'm afraid.

We can't book an MSC stand with 6 or 7 cars and 2 of them being non micras.

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
"if" we get the numbers to make up a stand, James will be organising tickets and collecting monies from people for the club stand.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
You can sign me up Kev, sounds like a great day out, just let me know what I owe anybody:

James - Peugeot 406
Kev - Seat Leon Cupra
karl - K10 (if it ain't broke)
imp124 - March ST
will930 - K11
davedaveld - K11
mario1293 - K11
Guy - K12 FTW

well the numbers are up but it miffs me off that people mention this club as a bad thing then dont help to improve it... two people on the list cant come as karl scrappd his k10 and imp is selling up

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Holy hell! didn't even see this until Now. Google says it's 2h45m away from me. :( and it's 10 days before payday lol
Would cost me around £73 for ticket and fuel. :suspect:

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
well the numbers are up but it miffs me off that people mention this club as a bad thing then dont help to improve it... two people on the list cant come as karl scrappd his k10 and imp is selling up

This is why for a long time we have stuck to arranging just JAE as the national event for the club, as well as the local area meets and santa pod's.

We will need people to commit to this show very soon as the stand application will need to be sent off about a month prior to the show and payments will need to be taken.

James, if you haven't already, can you contact the organisers and ask for the application form to be sent to your address?

James - Peugeot 406
Kev - Seat Leon Cupra

<s>karl - K10 (if it ain't broke)</s> - Car Scrapped.
<s>imp124 - March ST</s> - Possibly sold by show.
will930 - K11
davedaveld - K11
mario1293 - K11
Guy - K12 FTW
Karlj - K11? possible?
Shaun - K11? possible?

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Yes i'll come! I'm in Bradford on the Saturday so makes sense to go. Put me down lads :D

Arnold - Glanza
James - Peugeot 406
Kev - Seat Leon Cupra
will930 - K11
davedaveld - K11
mario1293 - K11
Guy - K12 FTW
Karlj - K11? possible?
Shaun - K11? possible?

davedaveld

Ex. Club Member
So whats happening with this then im shocked that only a couple of people want to go my micra should be lowerd by the event too :p

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
If we can get the numbers up, then the club stand will go ahead.

At the moment I see this happening, but I would much prefer the number of micra's to be increased.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Come on guys - this is a central location and fingers crossed the weather'll be nice. Sign up (Y) !

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Not really central to me. just trying to weigh up possibilties like mods vs. show :(
will let you know by this weekend should be enough time right?

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
i`m sure i checked this at work an couldn`t get it off but i`ll double check tomorrow as i might be able to now seeing as my boss got sacked if not there`s a couple of other ways i`ll be able to get a sunday off so i`ll see what i can do it`s basically my back garden at donnington so it would be bad for me not to go

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
count me out, i am just not gonna have the money to get up there and back :( fingers crossed will make it to JAE though!

Arnold - Glanza
James - Peugeot 406
Kev - Seat Leon Cupra
will930 - K11
davedaveld - K11
mario1293 - K11
Guy - K12 FTW
Karlj - K10 (again)

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
Okay guys, after a slow start it's getting there :)

Deadline for this list (you need to be 100% sure as we need to send payment with the booking form) is Monday 30th May.

Anyone on the list on the 30th May will be asked to pay for their place, so please be sure you can attend!

We won't be asking for money (£13 each) until after then, but if you could all pay by Monday 6th June that would be a great help.

Cheers,
James.

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
err..... not really ta :)
I'll have to get back to you on that one then, as the booking form is one big thing. Did you want us to get you an entrance ticket for £13? You wouldn't have to come on the stand and I can send you the ticket in the post

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Not gonna be able to afford it i'm afraid so count me out :( just got too much going on this next couple of months.

frank

Club Member
I'll have to get back to you on that one then, as the booking form is one big thing. Did you want us to get you an entrance ticket for £13? You wouldn't have to come on the stand and I can send you the ticket in the post

i,m easy james, either way is fine ta :)

frank

Club Member
yeah frank come on a stand with us! we can sit there smokin and bird watching providing its sunny!

lol will :laugh: you should,nt be smokin at your age :wasntme:
i work weekends tho eh, but i will be able to "disappear" for a few hours, hmmm showgirls (Y)

exactly frank get the day off to come join in

at least come down an say hello!

wouldnt mind meeting the man that made my manifold