• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

James' Gen7 Celica

James

Chairman
Soooo.... I picked this up yesterday:

FRsK041h.jpg

HLL5wlbh.jpg

rq1jDTfh.jpg

It's the 140 model, in an ideal world I'd have bought the 190, but the budget didn't allow me!

It's done 68,000 miles and has a full service history!

Plans... Not sure yet, just enjoy it! :)

This I'll be keeping an eye on. I'm a gen 6 person (GT4). So I wonder what can actually be done with these :)
Tuning wise, not much unless you want to supercharge them, but they are not cheap! lol

I've ordered a set of 4300K HIDs (the Gen7 has projector headlights) and a fascia adaptor for my Pioneer stereo so far, and some Bosch Aerotwins!

I was always interested in the GT4, but apparently they aren't too reliable?

I've used Fensport, good company. Looks like a nice car mate, I love the seats!

Oh....the interior is lovely...red...and....interior...y :oops:

Car looks ace James ;)
....you waxed/polished her yet?..she looks super duper shiny :p

He suddenly remembered Almeras are old people's cars and changed it for a Celica :p.

OK, so I've already started doing things to it.

Removed the butterfly from the air intake:

A10uE7ul.jpg

Removing it gives it a much deeper sound when accelerating, not too dissimilar to an induction kit, but less "obvious". Sounds much better anyway :)

Only just spotted this. I'm starting to like the looks of them, it'll be interesting to see where this goes.
Those seats are gorgeous.

Bloody good choice James! The car, colour/interior combo is smashing. You'd better be bringing this (and your fine self) to JAE :D

What's that then? ;)
To briefly sum it up, I said if you're not in with the group of high posters, and your name isn't mentioned in every thread (JAYB, Matt777, CW7) you're treated like absolute rubbish. It's an awful sense of community. I refuse to ask questions there because I'll just get laughed at, or have someone tell me it reminds them of a thread made in 2003. In short, the MSC are better.

To briefly sum it up, I said if you're not in with the group of high posters, and your name isn't mentioned in every thread (JAYB, Matt777, CW7) you're treated like absolute rubbish. It's an awful sense of community. I refuse to ask questions there because I'll just get laughed at, or have someone tell me it reminds them of a thread made in 2003. In short, the MSC are better.
Haha interesting! I actually know none of those names and mainly go on there for the articles and the local stuff!

Haha interesting! I actually know none of those names and mainly go on there for the articles and the local stuff!
I like the lounge. You get a lot over/bad reactions to everyday situations, and usually it ends in some kind of flame war.
I will visit every Friday morning for SOTW though :D I love that article so much.

Back