JAE Nightmare in the bodyshop

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Well, there we were getting my corolla prepped for JAE, respraying bumpers, tidying up any marks etc etc to take to the show and promote the business at the same time.

Unfortunately something has happened that is very rare and only happens once in a blue moon, the bumpers have been sprayed but a reaction called crazing has happened, for those not in the know, that basically means the paint goes like spider webs. The more you apply it the worse it gets.

We have no time at all to get it fixed and put right in time for the show, so I'm coming with light blue bumpers with bleeding spider webs on them, also colour coded the dash and that has gone the same too :down:

Steve has said it would need stripping back and starting again, which would take him until mid afternoon Saturday if he started when it happened this morning. We think it's some sort of silicone reaction, possibly from the dash bits as they have had dash polish on numerous occasions. The bumpers and parts where properly prepared with silicone remover, but I think it's possibly absorbed into the plastic dash bits. Everything was properly rubbed down prior to spraying, so it's soo odd it's happened.

I'm well and truly gutted, I was going to be entering in any show and shine comp etc and now I may as well hide it in the visitors car park. Steve will be sorting it straight after JAE and we are going to town on the interior and matching it with the cream leather seats, another thing we ran out of time for. o_O

See you at the show peeps.

Kev :down:

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
People ain't having much luck for JAE, K11 Dave's spray went wrong, Kev's paint, Ian and Layla in crash, people dropping out!
What next?

danni

Ex. Club Member
you cannot tell from far away its just when u get up close
but all the same kev its a stunning colour and im in love with it lol :)

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Should look good when its finished off. You could see it when you knew it was there but didn't look to bad from far away. :)