JAE Club BBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Hi all.

Well not long until JAE now. As usual the club will be having a BBQ on the saturday evening and the sunday afternoon. This year to avoid any issues with collecting money over the weekend I will be setting up a paypal account or using my own to collect all the money prior to the show, this way it will be less complicated and I will have a list of all that have paid and stop any freeloading going on :p

I will work out a price per person and let you know shortly, I think we shall do it per BBQ as some people paid last year and left before the BBQ on the sunday. So there will be one price for saturday and one for sunday.

Can all people who wish to have the BBQ leave a post below and let me know for each day.

I will put a paypal link up, as soon as the price has been finalised, the MSC will of course provide soft drinks for the weekend and possibly some other bits this year.

PLEASE NOTE:

the new venue this year does not allow for any disposable BBQ's this year and the MSC will be enforcing this to follow there guidelines. They will allow for ones that are off the ground to avoid the grass getting burnt.

Kev :)

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
the new venue this year does not allow for any disposable BBQ's this year and the MSC will be enforcing this to follow there guidelines. They will allow for ones that are off the ground to avoid the grass getting burnt.

Fear not kev, we hopefully have this undercontrol, lol

Neil - Sat & Sun
Lenny - Sat & Sun (Can only confirm closer to the date itself)

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
lol you sure Mike :S hehe

Don't fancy doing it this year then? lol

Kev

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
I dont mind doing my bit as long as i get some help.

Got some nice free aprons aswell which I'll bring along ;)

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Ok mike, we'll sort out the cooking between us and see if we need anymore help. Ive got free charcoal and firelighters so we're sorted there. Will be a bit different to last year ;) lol

Titch

Micra K11ng
Outta interest, take it we bring our own food? Also, are you allowed to bring alcohol, or is there a thing saying we can't?

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Titch, as kev says u put money into the pot and the food is bought from there, suppose u can bring ur own, better label it tho, lol

James

Chairman
In case you were wondering where to get supplies from, here's a little map to the nearest superstore (Tesco Extra):
attachment.php

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
For the club BBQ, you don't need to bring your own food, I will be getting this from the local supermarkets on the saturday and sunday morning with the money we raise from the collection.

Every year we do really well and have enough to get other bits and pieces other then the BBQ stuff.

If you wish to have your own BBQ's such as like a small group did last year then you must ensure you do not place disposibles on the ground and leave burnt marks behind, I know Slim usually brings a stand up one with him to use.

Kev

Titch

Micra K11ng
Okay - cheers guys. Will probally get all of the stuff i need when i'm down at Waynes, so that i don't have to bother with too much extra weight on the way down. :)

Looking forward to it, but not the drive :(

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Hopefully we will just have the one BBQ this year and will have everyone round it, if slim wants to help with the cookin that shudnt be a problem. Our grille will be big enough for all the food.

James

Chairman
I think I only managed to get hold of one burger last year and that was it! :eek:
Must be quicker off the mark this year!!

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
I think it was mentioned that we would be doign a ticketing system this year so everyone gets a fair share. Will make sure I speak to kev about it soon so we can see wots happening.

mike

I love Ed!!!!
There is a Sainsbury's as well on the A1. Maybe a bit to far to drive tho

Mike

Titch

Micra K11ng
mike said:
There is a Sainsbury's as well on the A1. Maybe a bit to far to drive tho

Mike

Chances are that'll be the way i'm coming down, so if we were short of anything when we get there, you can just call me and i'll pick it up on the way down??

James

Chairman
I'm not fussed :) I can do runs for people too, the camper has a lot of space in the back when there's not someone sleeping in it ;)

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
I think what's happened is that one year when we had over 30 members + partners at JAE the club BBQ didn't quite go to plan and people missed out on what they paid for and also some freeloading went on and that had forced people do there own thing the next year expecting the same to happen.

However last year I believe and correct me if I'm wrong but Mike and myself did a good job in getting it organised and everyone got a fair share and no freeloading went on with people gathering round and not crowding the BBQ as in previous years.

This year will be better again as we can cook more off at one time to allow people to have most things at once, rather then having to wait for us to cook each bits of food off.

Members will pay via paypal per person for each day and I will have record of this at the show to ensure everyone gets a fair share, for people without paypal can pay on the day, but I would prefer to do it this way to make my life easier collecting the money in.

Kev :)

Titch

Micra K11ng
Ok Kev - that seems fair anyway, and as you say will make it easier to work out on the day. How much roughly will you be looking at per person?

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Not sure yet, I will see exactly who's going and what total we have before working a price per person

Kev

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
I'm thinking in the region of £3 per person per day, but I'll confirm that later. If we get 20 people per BBQ that will us £60 per day for meats, bread, snacks, more drinks if needed, ice and anything else people would like.

Kev

fox1983

Deactivated Account
paul
nadine
matt
both days
and just a warning if i havent sent u the money through paypal il either post it or give it to u as soon as i get there i may get matt to pay through paypal for me

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I cant really tell if i'l be hungry in 45 days time right now, but put me down for both days.

K

K11_Dave

Stick me on for sat and sun

Attachments

• CAEC2J2R.jpg
    CAEC2J2R.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 379
  • CAGH6M3N.jpg
    CAGH6M3N.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 393

MICRASKYLINE

Ex. Club Member
BBQ - Yes please - Sunday only

Me, wife and iccle MicraSkyline!!

My wife said she would bring some oriental style chicken wings for you all!!!

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
ill be there sunday :)
for definate!!
not sure which motor though:S

beast (if sumwere near)
white L kitted
L reg super S if not sold

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Woo nice one Wayne!!! :D Knew you wouldn't wanna miss it hehe. :) Put me down for both days too, and also Jamie. :)

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Any developments on claiming money etc?

Also can i add my lady as she's hoping to come along too

Cheers

danni

Ex. Club Member
yea i maybe wanting another adding to the list... not 100% sure yet but ill ask her as soon as she gets back from new york

Status
Not open for further replies.