JAE 2019 Discussion Thread

I've got a few questions;
my car is basically stock, would I be allowed on the club stand?
Do I have to buy a weekend ticket or would a day pass also allow me on? Is it just the Thursday to Sunday camping ticket? If no could I join the stand on just a single day ticket? The Saturday would be best for me.
Do I just drive up to the stand upon arriving?

Sorry for so many questions, this'd be the first time I've attended.

Thanks and hopefully I'll be able to attend :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
my car is basically stock, would I be allowed on the club stand?
Of course, the more the merrier! :)
Do I have to buy a weekend ticket or would a day pass also allow me on? Is it just the Thursday to Sunday camping ticket? If no could I join the stand on just a single day ticket? The Saturday would be best for me.
Unfortunately day tickets do not allow your car access into the show, only weekend tickets (Thurs-Sun, Fri-Sun, Sat-Sun) do. That's a JAE stipulation, not something we impose

Unfortunately day tickets do not allow your car access into the show, only weekend tickets (Thurs-Sun, Fri-Sun, Sat-Sun) do. That's a JAE stipulation, not something we impose
Ok thank you, I'd have to get a hotel then as I don't like tents lol
Will look into it soonish :)

Another question actually, can I just get a sat-sun ticket and still be allowed on the stand?

Saturday-Sunday ticket will get you on the stand, and you don't need to be a paid member any more :)
Awesome thank you very much! Will hopefully book myself a hotel in the coming week and get a Sat-Sun ticket :)
I just drive up, tell the marshalls what stand I'm with and wallah?

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
Awesome thank you very much! Will hopefully book myself a hotel in the coming week and get a Sat-Sun ticket :)
I just drive up, tell the marshalls what stand I'm with and wallah?
Don't even need to tell them what stand you're with, once you have a camping ticket you get a wristband that gets you into the showground and you can come and find us (right at the front, can't miss it!)

Don't even need to tell them what stand you're with, once you have a camping ticket you get a wristband that gets you into the showground and you can come and find us (right at the front, can't miss it!)
Great thank you very much for answering all my questions, hopefully will get everything booked tomorrow or Wednesday!

I've requested holiday from work, haven't been before so I'm really keen to go. Annoyingly I'm coming home from a holiday on the 9th so I'll just be there for the weekend... if my workplace allows me...
Edit: They did allow me!

Last edited:
So JAE is almost here and im not liking the look of the weather for the weekend however id the MET office site says from Friday lunch time it's supposed to be ok but it will be windy. So fingers crossed!
Just want to ask a couple of things.
Do we have a gazebo to sit in if the weather does turn?
Will the club have a specific area for camping and can we park next to the tents (I'll be in the Jag as im towing the Micra down) or will I need to move it to the car park?
Is anyone getting dressed up on the evening?
Sorry for all the questions but not been before so like to come prepared and with a plan ?

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
The MSC Gazebo will be there without fail, as will the MSC BBQ and beer pool, rain or shine ;)

James will likely chip in and advise on camping proximity to the stand area, which I'm told this year is very spacious!