JAE 2016 - Discussion Thread!

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Rotten drive home yesterday for a number of reasons. Mainly traffic but also by a few drivers who decided it was their prerogative to try and squash the smaller car on the road with their big VW's, Audi's, crossovers etc.

I thought it was bad enough taking 6hours to do 165miles on the way to JAE. It took me 6.5hours to get back because some **** decided to shut Junctions 13-12 on the M1 and lay out an utterly useless re-direction via Toddington.

Anyway, it was good to attend and see all of you. It's the longest trip I've done in the turbo since I acquired it some 2.5years ago and it served as an excellent shakedown on all that's been done to it :)

MikeHP

Site Supporter
Rotten drive home yesterday for a number of reasons. Mainly traffic but also by a few drivers who decided it was their prerogative to try and squash the smaller car on the road with their big VW's, Audi's, crossovers etc.

I thought it was bad enough taking 6hours to do 165miles on the way to JAE. It took me 6.5hours to get back because some **** decided to shut Junctions 13-12 on the M1 and lay out an utterly useless re-direction via Toddington.

Anyway, it was good to attend and see all of you. It's the longest trip I've done in the turbo since I acquired it some 2.5years ago and it served as an excellent shakedown on all that's been done to it :)

You seem to have had terrible luck in both directions then - I left at 1pm and was home by 5. Just over 200 miles in just under 4 hrs = ~55mph average.

Was good to meet you and your awesome machine.

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
This one looks like a scene out of Reservoir Dogs :D

DSC_6424.jpg

@MicraPRO @Clodo