JAE 2014 - Discussion Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Chairman
THURSDAY 4th September to Sunday 7th September.
The venue is Wicksteed Park. Wicksteed is a fantastic venue and has a lot to offer (http://www.wicksteedpark.co.uk)

• Lake
  • Go-kart oval
  • Fully stocked fishing lake
  • Fairground
  • Roller coaster
  • 18 hole crazy golf
  • Putting green
  • Playground for younger children
Add to that all the things JAE have arranged:

• Five-a-side football
  • Tug of War
  • It’s a knockout competition
  • Easing competition
  • Karaoke
  • Band
  • Disco
  • New and much bigger show n shine!
Adult Advance Ticket (Booked through the MSC):
Thursday - Sunday: £35.00
Friday - Sunday: £25.00

TICKETS ON THE GATE: £TBC

Wicksteed Park
Northampton
www.wicksteedpark.co.uk
click me for a map
click me for website

Accomodation:
Club camping available - highly recommended!
Local Hotels available

Date:
Thursday 4th - Sunday 7th September - Book it off work now
NOTE: Thursday is now a show day from 5pm onwards

Stand Allocation (Official Member Only):
30 places available - TBC - Everyone welcome, stand cars must be cleaned, polished and well maintained, NO WIP cars

Where we are:
JSOPoqp.png

The Famous MSC club BBQ - all weekend
Details to follow on how to book your BBQ food!

JAE Club Awards - Trophies
There will be trophies for the following categories
MSC - Best in Show
MSC - Most Unique Modification
MSC - Show & Shine
MSC - Best Install (depending on cars with installs!)

The General Public (Not on the stand):
Non Japanese cars must park in the public car park, but for 2013 JAE have allowed all Japanese cars to park in a new area, next to the quiet camping area inside the show!
If you purchase a day pass, you must leave site by dusk. If you do not, JAE will clamp your car until payment for a weekend ticket is made (£35)

Any Other information:
More information will be added if anything else is needed.

MSC rules at events:
The MSC accepts no responsibility for any damage or fines incurred by members during any Club events or outings that members may participate in.
The actions of the MSC sponsors are not controlled by the MSC or the Committee. The MSC and Committee in no way accept responsibility or liability for a sponsor's actions.
Members and their guests are responsible for their own actions and attend Club events at their own risk.
Members and their guests are expected at all times during Club outings and events to conduct themselves in a sensible and safe manner. This includes obeying all relevant traffic rules and laws. Any exceptions from this may result in immediate removal of membership.
The safety of its' members during Club outings and events is the highest priority of the MSC. However, the Club accepts no responsibility for any accidents or injuries that may occur during any outings or events. Anyone who acts in a manner that jeopardises the safety of themselves or others will be asked to have no further participation in that event and will be dealt with in a disciplinary manner in accordance with the Club's Rules.

Last edited:

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Is your car covered in primer? :)
Probably.. few layers of paint over it though :p

I assume so long as no vast amount of primer/filler is showing its ok?

I'm allowed a roll cage to roll around in the back (no pun intended)

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
Probably.. few layers of paint over it though :p

I assume so long as no vast amount of primer/filler is showing its ok?

I'm allowed a roll cage to roll around in the back (no pun intended)
This rule was introduced after JAE 2004 to prevent things like this grey (and the white grille on that K10) happening:

DSCF0045.JPG

h701micra

Deactivated Account
OMG my eyes...

That grille should be banned too :p

Fair enough James :) just wanted to be clear that was all
As Nissanubaru may look uncomplete but it will be. (Exposed tunnel frame for example)

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
This rule was introduced after JAE 2004 to prevent things like this grey (and the white grille on that K10) happening:

DSCF0045.JPG
How come SirChris got away with it? ;)
What if a car is washed but not polished? Tried rocking a polished car once, was forever finding leftover polish around lights/bumpers/wing mirrors etc

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Rule have been relaxed a little. Use the white grille as a guide to what we really don't want :)
Oh god, just zoomed in on the pic haha, I'd have not bothered with the grill at all rather than show that monstrosity...

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
There will be no low loader needed this year!!
Could we have a first year without someone having catastrophic issues... fingers crossed!!

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
I really hope I can make it this year, everything's a little undecided at the moment .. driving situations, work situations etc.
Fingers crossed for me too ;)

pollyp

Club Member
if I pickup my m8s (who's coming for their stag do) from the trainstation on the saturday in my car and they pay a day-pass at the gates, would they be able to camp for the night at the stand and then I drive em home on sunday?

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
if I pickup my m8s (who's coming for their stag do) from the trainstation on the saturday in my car and they pay a day-pass at the gates, would they be able to camp for the night at the stand and then I drive em home on sunday?
Technically to camp you need a weekend ticket, but I can't imagine it would be too much of a problem! :)

pork

Club Member
I would like too, but money is going on engine first.

Il try maje it look pretty though before jae

...after 3 years now want, should happen in 2014!!
My fiancee and I want to travel to this meeting from Germany.

So now, I need to be elucidated :rolleyes:

We want the so-called "Adult Advance Ticket" (Friday - Sunday: £25.00)
Buy these 2 tickets with you James? (Show with 2 cars)

Biggest question is where we park?
The visitor parking lot? ...noooo_O
Furthermore, we camp on site.

The two we will appear :cool:
(The Micra my fiance will again change a little bit ;) )
booth: 2013
5205488a0ae41j65c4m9absz.jpg

5205482f01e02jvfq0ug2na5.jpg

Thanks !!

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
...after 3 years now want, should happen in 2014!!
My fiancee and I want to travel to this meeting from Germany.
Excellent, really glad to hear we've got more Micras coming from abroad! Hopefully @mik will be joining us as well! ;)

So now, I need to be elucidated :rolleyes:

We want the so-called "Adult Advance Ticket" (Friday - Sunday: £25.00)
Buy these 2 tickets with you James? (Show with 2 cars)
Yes, you will be able to buy tickets from the club shop within the next month or so :)

Biggest question is where we park?
The visitor parking lot? ...noooo_O
Furthermore, we camp on site.
Your cars will be very welcome on our stand, you will not need to park with the visitors! :) you will also be able to camp on the stand with the rest of the club :)

I look forward to seeing you both here! :)

SirChris

Educated Bodger
O think we will have a bloody nightmare with people walking through

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

AH.K10

K10/K11
My k10 I had planned to get ready in time but it's matte black and a bit ratty as that's how I want it. Think I'll be allowed? Was my target date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
Good news everyone!

Tickets this year will be e-Tickets, meaning once you've ordered it from us, we can send the ticket to you via email - meaning you can print it off yourself!

This will save the headache of taking 20 envelopes to the post office for me, and also means you can order really late on!

The shop will be live later on today to take orders! :)

pollyp

Club Member
james is it possible for my m8s to pre-book just sat/sun? no-car cos I'm giving em a lift in/out of venue from train station. u know how much?

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
james is it possible for my m8s to pre-book just sat/sun? no-car cos I'm giving em a lift in/out of venue from train station. u know how much?
Saturday-Sunday tickets cost the same as Friday-Sunday tickets unfortunately, just specify you want two Sat-Sun tickets on the shop (there should be an option for Saturday arrival time).

Status
Not open for further replies.