JAE 2014 Awards - Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Chairman
Right guys and gals, we have the traditional awards at JAE, but this year I need your help with one of them.

We discontinued "Best ICE Install" in about 2008 due to no one really bothering with an install any more, and since then the 4th award has been decided at the show.

This year, I want it to be decided before the show, so we can get the damn thing engraved!

So, here's our award list currently:
  • Best In Show
    The best overall Micra on the stand
  • Show & Shine
    Cleanest, neatest, shiniest Micra on the stand
  • Unique Modification
    A Micra that stands out of the crowd. For example, my Camper Van K10 won this one once!
  • ????
    Last year it was awarded to @pollyp for his dedication and changing a headgasket on the stand, I think the year before it was handed to @NeX for travelling over from Sweden
So it's over to you now. I honestly have no blummin idea, so I'm open to all sorts of suggestions!

We did discuss and dismiss "Best non-Micra" last year, because it's a Micra stand!

We also can't have "Best K10", "Best K11" etc as I'm not buying 10 trophies! :p

Thanks!

James.

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
How about an award for the person who turns up in a different jap car each year?
I can't give myself awards :) ;)

2004: K10,
2005: K10 Camper,
2006: K11 SR,
2007: Almera,
2008: Almera,
2009: Primera GT,
2010: QX,
2011: MR2,
2012: Almera DCi,
2013: Celica

Only once did I take the same car!

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Looking at all the new cars entering the MSC maybe "Best ICE install" isnt a bad thing. There's alot of people doing this in the facebook community and many plan to go to JAE

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
Looking at all the new cars entering the MSC maybe "Best ICE install" isnt a bad thing. There's alot of people doing this in the facebook community and many plan to go to JAE
I wish they'd post on the stand list thread! Can't have 20 micras turning up unbeknownst to me!

skymera

Brutal Honesty
How about an award for the fastest 0-60 or biggest flame?

These are hot topics on the FB page. It's what the yoots want!

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Not necessarily! I've seen other clubs do well with "Best OE car in show", so that could be a contender!
ERM... No. Best OE is for when the majority of all cars left are modded... The majority of the Micra's are stock and minority modded lol

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Best OEM car is show would just be the first person to rock up in a K13...

Members or visitors award, could be good for people who visits the stand to participate even when they don't own a Micra :)

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
I swear last year there was a ultimate fail award and I must say I wasn't happy I didn't receive it... haha

@h701micra awards for sliding around and doing donuts?

h701micra

Deactivated Account
It was suggested we do the loudest car competition, which I said that @Enuo needs to fetch his 6mm allen key then game on, time to go pop bang

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
It's fine, just 1.75" of 1.6 exhaust meatiness hitting 1.5" of micra stock system at the flexi causes enough back pressure to compress the springs slightly. I actually like it, it's like having an active exhaust system.

Status
Not open for further replies.