JAE 2013 Pic, what alloys are these?

HELPPP

Second car along, next to @MicraPRO with the white alloys. what are the Rims? Boy they are gorgeous and they have been bugging me all day :L

Thanks people. oh and p.s whoever owns the car its lush, yours too @MicraPRO :)

In fact they all are i just dont know names ;P

TDYweZU.jpg

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Harlens black sr had team dynamics multspokes not sure of the name and they were beautiful in fact the whole car was.
Thanks mines very different now :)
From photo you have me (Tom) Harlen, Pauls turbo, Miks k13, unknown, Andy H701, Stani and then James Celica :)

Is yours updated on your blog or did you stop updating it? been trying to get in the know about all the members cars and spent many late nights reading amazing blogs and yeah its been great. Your gold alloys are gorgeous too any idea what they are? thanks for the name of the multispokes, his car certainly is clean :p cheers buddy.

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
My blog is called PROject PROfect it's due for an update regarding stuff from this days off but that will be tomo.
My alloys are eta beta platinum part of the joesline wheel range :)
No worries :)

Yeah dude, i follow your blog and have it Favorited for notifications hense why i asked, just checking im not missing anything i like where its heading ;P

thanks man

aha yes great write up, sorry i got caught up reading about your pistons aha ;P seems like a great day. My car wont be ready for this year but next year ill be there. :D

pollyp

Club Member
aha yes great write up, sorry i got caught up reading about your pistons aha ;P seems like a great day. My car wont be ready for this year but next year ill be there. :D

:p the rings on these forged pistons were nothing but pita to fix, still burns/pool oil.
theres always another year

Yes so I read buddy, what a great read your build was though :) did it pass another MOT with those emission issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pollyp

Club Member
Oh lord, bless you.. I hope you find the cure for your problem soon that must be a right pain in the backside!

no easy answer with my turbo setup cos the primary cat that does most of the cleanup is eliminated, the secondary cat is too far away & cold to work and previously used to misfire while holding 3k due to dirty injectors. the cleaned injectors are now better so may improve things.

when I was once testing with my cousins gas machine, technically yes the turbo could pass emissions if I get the second cat really hot by holding 3k for upto 30min, then emissions went really low but the problem during MOT is that they can only hold revs for a limited period from cold and the cat simply can't get hot enough thus usually fail.

tis literally a pain in backside to swap to & from but it's only for afew days a year

no easy answer with my turbo setup cos the primary cat that does most of the cleanup is eliminated, the secondary cat is too far away & cold to work and previously used to misfire while holding 3k due to dirty injectors. the cleaned injectors are now better so may improve things.

when I was once testing with my cousins gas machine, technically yes the turbo could pass emissions if I get the second cat really hot by holding 3k for upto 30min, then emissions went really low but the problem during MOT is that they can only hold revs for a limited period from cold and the cat simply can't get hot enough thus usually fail.

tis literally a pain in backside to swap to & from but it's only for afew days a year

I hope those new injectors do something useful, I'm not too good with turbo systems barely getting to grips with NA engines as you know, but does the first cat have to be removed in order for the system to run high levels of boost or something? I mean as I say I don't know much and I'm sure the cat is deleted for power gains or something or am I completely off track? :)

pollyp

Club Member
I hope those new injectors do something useful, I'm not too good with turbo systems barely getting to grips with NA engines as you know, but does the first cat have to be removed in order for the system to run high levels of boost or something? I mean as I say I don't know much and I'm sure the cat is deleted for power gains or something or am I completely off track? :)

dunno if it's worth attempting to put the turbo through emissions again, only to fail, swap to NA then pay for retest. much simpler to just swap to NA and get through with little issue then swap back.

the primary cat is bolted directly under the manifold close to the engine so it gets upto temperature asap to work efficiently.
the whole custom turbo mani, turbo, downpipe assembly setup sits close as possible to the exhaust port in place of where the original manifold/1st cat would be, in order to run most efficiently.

Yeah, as you say it's probably easier to just swap and swap again.. Nice car though in the end! Hope you are proud of it :)