JAE 2013 - Early Warning / Discussion Thread! (NB: DATE CHANGE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Hi all,

I know we're all still reminiscing about JAE 2012, a mere 2 weeks ago but this is just a sticky thread to get you prepared for next year.

JAE 2013 will be a 4 day event! We're getting closer to the fabled week-long JAE! ;)

Here are the dates for your diary (and your boss!):
Thursday 12th - Sunday 15th September 2013

Get them booked off now! I promise you the MSC at JAE will be bigger and better than last year!!! :)

James.

Edited to new dates!
So are these the dates now?

Im going to go now :) but i really cant get there on the thursday as i cant have hols on these dates so il be there friday to sunday :)

SirChris

Educated Bodger
I am going I just forget who's girlfriends names are lol

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
Okay, location!

Annoyingly, even though I went to the reps meeting on Saturday, which should have allowed us to retain our spot from last year, it had been taken by MX5 nuts as they were expanding on last years space!

What I've managed to do however is secure that large plot that was next to us last year and the two next to it, so we've got a lot more space to play with, and the large plot can be used for camping, marquee etc with the two next to it solely for cars. The reason for doing it this way is we get more cars "at the front" so to speak, as it was a shame some cars had to be on row 2 last year.

Another "bonus" of sorts is that the space to the left of us on the diagram below is unoccupied, so we may actually have some unofficial room there too!

I'll go through my notes at lunchtime to provide you all with some more information!

Here's the layout, with our area highlighted:

aRdeSNC.jpg

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Okay, location!

Annoyingly, even though I went to the reps meeting on Saturday, which should have allowed us to retain our spot from last year, it had been taken by MX5 nuts as they were expanding on last years space!

What I've managed to do however is secure that large plot that was next to us last year and the two next to it, so we've got a lot more space to play with, and the large plot can be used for camping, marquee etc with the two next to it solely for cars. The reason for doing it this way is we get more cars "at the front" so to speak, as it was a shame some cars had to be on row 2 last year.

Another "bonus" of sorts is that the space to the left of us on the diagram below is unoccupied, so we may actually have some unofficial room there too!

I'll go through my notes at lunchtime to provide you all with some more information!

Here's the layout, with our area highlighted:

aRdeSNC.jpg
James my man, where the bogs & showers on that one?

Stani1029

Club Member
The barrel would also act as a light so we dont have to create one using an led flat torch, gallon of water and napkins LOL

The barrel would also act as a light so we dont have to create one using an led flat torch, gallon of water and napkins LOL

i liked that design! please dont forget some team clothing this year so we look good while rallye style working in the night.

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
You guys must be mind readers!

A few things I'm planning and/or considering this year:
  • Oil-barrel based heating apparatus (fill it with logs and burn all night!)
  • Co-branded JAE/MSC clothing
  • Better lighting
  • Plus more!
I'm going to open up a suggestions thread shortly too for anything else you want to add!

Status
Not open for further replies.