JAE 2013 - Discussion Thread!

So tomorrow is the last preparation day. Anybody starting to feel the pinch of little time left?

I am due to no brakes... I say no brakes... they work but a low pedal suggests a balooning pipe... even though they're new and braided

Damn that means it's car detailing/go out and buy demon shine for me!

Actually this poses a good question;

For basic show cleaning - Demon shine or autoglym instant show shine?

I'm only up the road from Wicksteed so i'll be doing a full detail of the car the day before, and then just giving it a once over when i arrive again.

Or air in the system... but that's fine, I'll bring a brake bleeding kit. I'm bringing plenty of tools :)
I did wonder if people were bringing tools etc

I've bled it 4 times. I've got some new standard rubber hoses I'll chuck them on. Bleed through and keep you posted :)
Got a big pressure tester in the shop to test the master cylinder too :) anddd a co analyzer to set that carb up if possible

Random question: Are bottles allowed on site? My favourite drinks are all in bottles but I know a lot of places are funny about them.

I'll let you valet it... I'll fix yours. Playing to strengths and all that :D

Haha that bad... go for it though you might be short on leg room :p
Id do that :) although im not compleatly useless when it comes to fixing cars...
Haha ill manage I cant trust her to drive mine lol

preps done (more or less)
have to wash down my car and will wash it there again.

this is my route: 669miles are not so bad :D see you tomorrow!
jae_map.jpg

Id do that :) although im not compleatly useless when it comes to fixing cars...
Haha ill manage I cant trust her to drive mine lol
I know your not... I'm just better at fixing cars than cleaning em... apart from mine of course :p
If you entirely fill that car I'll be amazed

YES

TD04Mani_Crack.PNG

Picked the worst week for this to happen, and it's probably going to crack straight through and fall off.

tie the lower end to the upper end with some wire so that if it does fail, it's at least attached together and not just fall straight to the floor whilst on the road at speed

So folks. We bringing tools etc and playing cars?
Now I know my issues were neither air or fuel related I'm gonna plumb my swirl pot back up with some help ;)

So folks. We bringing tools etc and playing cars?
Now I know my issues were neither air or fuel related I'm gonna plumb my swirl pot back up with some help ;)
I got my walkaround toolkit (spanners, screwdrivers, multimeter etc),battery drill, torque wrench and low profile jack.

I got my walkaround toolkit (spanners, screwdrivers, multimeter etc),battery drill, torque wrench and low profile jack.
My toolbox weighs 64kg so I'm leaving it here.
Only need a screw driver or two and a few jubilee clips.. and we'll set up some fancy fuel gear ;)

My toolbox is 5ft x 3ft x 2ft odd and full of tools, electrical and pneumatic odds and ends, my bag weighs about 3kg :D

Belly93 said:
wish i was going :(

Same here. :( Jk is no longer at jae this year. :(
I know that i am disappointing now.
I hope that everyone will enjoy at jae. Don't forget people, please take more pictures as you can guys. :)

Enjoy guys. :)

That's your shed box :p as I call em.
My little red toolbox it my bag... I don't like being without a tool
It's a 5 minute walk from one side of the factory to the other, I was getting back problems carrying all my tools everywhere so I streamlined :)

@james I know we have the bbq but what's the deal with a friday morning fry up? Are we bringing it along or is that something you've got ?
Last minute and all that

Not to worry.
Sorry folks I'm no longer coming it stalled 14 times on half mile journey to the petrol station. Just can't risk it

Not to worry.
Sorry folks I'm no longer coming it stalled 14 times on half mile journey to the petrol station. Just can't risk it
Come on, you can manage it, just clean all your grounds and clean all your plugs and connectors before giving up entirely

Vacuum is only for advance on overun which is to reduce fuel consumption, just remove it and plug up the vacuum line.
It runs bettwr disconnected it runs through what appear to be some sort of temperature controlled thing as its attached to the water line?
Just disconnect?

MicraPRO and clodo are sat having coffee in Peterborough services making ridiculous time... may have set off to soon.
See you peeps at Wicksteed ;)

Back