Ivory PAO qs

HI folks!

I'm new on the PAO world i just got a 89 PAO 5speed , it has some issues i want to address,

One is that the fuel gauge is not working, i checked in the sender unit and i can see i have around 65 ohms ( so it should be fine. right?) if i bridge the connector to the gauge its not going up. Also the temp gauge is not working that one i didn't know how to test it.
And finally the reverse lights are not going ON when putting reverse, i checked on the connector near the transmission , key open and couldn't get any voltage with the multimeter facing the fuses (btw all the fuses are OK), one interesting thing is that i found a loose connector near the fuse box, see attached pic, could this be the one for the gauges and reverse light? I tried to look for the other connector part but couldn't find it.

Also do you know were can i find the weather strip for the front window RH ? the big window and the small one.

25551277_10155961783944696_1518719638_o.jpg

15926.jpg

15927.jpg

Hope you can help me!

Thanks!

Attachments

• 25551277_10155961783944696_1518719638_o.jpg
    25551277_10155961783944696_1518719638_o.jpg
    1,005.8 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
I've been working on mine the last couple days; I had no reverse lights and my cooling fan wasn't coming on. I have that same plug hanging under the drivers side also, it must be for an accessory our cars don't come with.
The reverse light problem for me ended up being two things, the switch and contacts which come together (Nissan P/N 32005-01B05) and the power wire coming from the switch and running through the car (red with green stripe). I drained the gear oil and changed the switch and contacts, as well as ran a new wire from the back of the plug by the switch all the way to the splice under the rear mat in the trunk, and added a 15W fuse. Here's a video that was done on the 2nd gen Micra which is exactly the same as ours Also when I unplugged the switch to the fan, the temperature gauge didn't work it at all, if that helps with that problem. I had to buy weather stripping for the vent windows, and the only place I could get it from was Amayama; unfortunately they're pretty pricey. Also you can use this https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/nissan/pao-2102/pk10-6114 which will give you a breakdown of pretty much the whole car. I get the part number from there and Google it to see where I can find the best price. Hope that helps a little.

OP
OP
punch69
Great! I'm gonna buy the switch/contact and check the power wire. Also will check if the switch to the fan is unplugged! And yeah weather strips are very pricey (170 usd for one side !!)

I will update with my findings, might take a while but i'll do it.

Thanks!

OP
OP
punch69
HI folks, i have an additional question, i noticed that thePAO has a antifreeze leak on the right side of the engine, checked for common leak issues ( gasket , radiator, etc) but no signs of issue, i was thinking the prob is the water pump so probably i'm gonna replace it, any recommendations to replace the water pump? And maybe do more stuff in it... Change belts? Timing belt? etc??

Still waiting for the Switch :(

Thanks!