I've got a dilly of a pickle!

OK, OK.... offered a job in a Ford/Jag dealer today as a parts apprentice... Apprenticeship rates 190 euro a week.
The job is an 80 mile round trip 6 days a week,
estimate going to cost 70-80 euro a week in fuel to get there...
my current finance on the car is 50 euro a week...
lets say lunch costs a fiver a day thats 30 euro...
thats 160 euro.... not counting monthly overheads, car tax, insurance and other bills with my remaining 30 euro...

currently (was laid off in November) am on the dole getting 79 euro a week....

i just don't know if its worthwhile... it seems as though id nearly be doing it at a loss, especially because i already have completed my Hyundai parts apprenticeship, which is the same qualification fwn

Any opinions greatly appreciated

Thing is, you only have Hyundai experience. While its the same job for the same qualification, you will find it easier to get thru as you have done it already and having Ford experience is gonna help you get a job far easier in future.

When I finished my apprenticeship with Nissan I thought I knew it all. I left for a job with Vauxhall. It was like jumping into the deep end of a swimming pool! I am a better mechanic after working with Vauxhall than I would have been had I stayed with Nissan. Vauxhall had a larger range, worse build quality and different way of doing things. Although these are only small differences you become better because you are gaining experience. I done jobs in my first week I'd never have had to at Nissan.

I'd go for it. The financial thing is only a short term thing. If you are an apprentice you should be aspiring to be a good parts guy, when you prove yourself the wages will rise without you having to ask. If you wanted to be rich, short term you could have taken a job in a factory and been an 'operative'!