Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Civic

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Both Equal

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
I've seen a few Saxo VTR's lately, im never a fan or Citroen, and Not a fan of Saxo's, but the VRT to me is somthing else!!

Its such a nice looking car, and you can leave it standard and be happy with it... Whats why I want honest votes...

A Civic (Nothing like Sport or VTI etc)
A Saxo VTR (Not VTS)

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
this is pretty pointless? Would you really buy a car based on other peoples opinions of the car rather than your own?

If you can't choose, goto Saxo forums and ask about the ups and downs of the VTR and ditto for the Civic

Krian

Fear me, for I am Onibaku
Umm, go test drive em, see which one you like better, then get that one? :D Its gonna be you driving it, not anyone else on the forums, so might as well get the car you like the most for the cash you can afford...

Type-R

Ex. Club Member
get a vti!!

they are ace, good economy is you stay out of vtec as well. My mates are into hondas and i love them as well, but not as much as i love nissan!!

OP
OP
D4R73N

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
OK, Seen more today, do like the VTR, looks nice and very tidy, however i seen a nice Mazda 323, low milage and very good condidtion, hear more on tuesday... Im just looking at other options...

E

entirelyconfused

323s are nice but they don't do a 3 door. I like VTRs too but there a bit common. I'd go with the Civic.

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
Wouldnt go near a VTR, or a ####Run for that matter! Quite unreliable cars, the saxo especially is a crap car to drive! Pedals are really close to each other and the interior is pretty ugly - To be honest mate, stay jap and go for the civic - better money in the long run!

Antony

Ex. Club Member
Wouldnt go near a VTR, or a ####Run for that matter! Quite unreliable cars, the saxo especially is a crap car to drive! Pedals are really close to each other and the interior is pretty ugly - To be honest mate, stay jap and go for the civic - better money in the long run!

well said, once you go jap, you never go back...

stay away from the french cars, two of them i have had have tried to kill me...:suspect: :suspect:

E

entirelyconfused

exactly or a vts, you can pick up a vts for the same price and its like 25bhp more

Yeah but a VTS will be nasty on insurance compared to VTR. I think they're group 13 (no doubt someone will prove otherwise). But obviously if your young, insurance matters.

Type-R

Ex. Club Member
french cars are stuck togheter with pritt stick mate!

106 gti is better thatn a saxo but also stuck togheter with pritt stick! Ok they are both quicker than a micra fair game, but in the long run do you want to be sitting in the hard shoulder and spending so much money and getting frustrated with a french car or do you want something you know that will start all the time everytime.... your choice....personally like everyone else here i would stay proper clear from the frenchies..... i heard they eat frog legs!!

OP
OP
D4R73N

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
Ok, so whats your views on a 5Dr Mazda 323 1.5 16v...

I can get insurance on one for £680... under £500 when I have 2 years...

fraz_micra_88

Ex. Club Member
french cars are stuck togheter with pritt stick mate!

106 gti is better thatn a saxo but also stuck togheter with pritt stick! Ok they are both quicker than a micra fair game, but in the long run do you want to be sitting in the hard shoulder and spending so much money and getting frustrated with a french car or do you want something you know that will start all the time everytime.... your choice....personally like everyone else here i would stay proper clear from the frenchies..... i heard they eat frog legs!!

mate get a grip honest!!! everyone has there opinion fair enough but no way can you say all french cars are rubbish, its a load of bull!!!!

fair enough there not the most reliable but no way can you say you will spend hunners of money fixing them!! my cusin has had his 106gti for 8 years it has 90k on the clock and has not had a problem with it!! so has a few of his mates!!

and frog legs are mingin

OP
OP
D4R73N

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
mate get a grip honest!!! everyone has there opinion fair enough but no way can you say all french cars are rubbish, its a load of bull!!!!

fair enough there not the most reliable but no way can you say you will spend hunners of money fixing them!! my cusin has had his 106gti for 8 years it has 90k on the clock and has not had a problem with it!! so has a few of his mates!!

and frog legs are mingin

Yeah, all fairness French cars are placed 'Unreliable' for a quote...

How many times have we been told we drive "Granny Cars", we always fight there not...

OP
OP
D4R73N

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
Thats another point, 'Unreliable' is better then 'Granny Car'...lol

esactly is everyone has the same opinion the world would be a boring ass place!!!

"If everybody looked the same, We'd get tired of looking at each other!!!" lol

SO....

Any views on the 5Dr Mazda 323 1.5 16v...?

OP
OP
D4R73N

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
speed aint my number one factor like most of you guys, as long as its got, leccy windows, central locking, air con (maybe) and faster then a shopping cart...i'll be happy...

OP
OP
D4R73N

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
i would still go gti or vts :p lol but nice cars tho man

Well, I respect you like French cars, and with experiance I have had fun in a 1-6 quicksilver, let alone a GTi...

But staying Jap would be more my style, never know might buy myself a Civic Type-R one day...

OP
OP
D4R73N

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
go for it:p you change your mind like the weather tho :p lol

I gues you could say that, but I want something sporty, and thought Civic, love Civics...

BUT... when you have a Civic for £900 odd insurance just for a 1.4...
and a sport looking Mazda 323 1.5 for £600...its a better option, plus come on They are alot sportier then Civics, and their not plastered all over Max power, i reacon a well modified 323 would be a nice thing to look at :D

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
I would say the Civic, how many topics have you started now BTW asking what car to get and saying your getting a new car?? Still got the Micra though ;)

Antony

Ex. Club Member
mazda have been the second most reliable cars for 7 years running....just behind Lexus, then it was nissan mitsubishi, honda and Ford.......cant win em all..

but the bottom least reliable makes were, Mercedes, Alpha romeo, BMW, Renault Citroen and at the bottom Peugeot.

thats from car break downs by the AA and RAC, Warrenty issues with car breakages, Recalls due to safety issues and basic maintainance issues.

i have seen numerous citroen C5's break down after just 3000miles. (one in the car park blew the gearbox to bits)

i havent heard of any Honda V-tec's that have blown up, never heard of a lexus breaking down EVER, and havent ever seen a car stand up to the abuse that the top gear "hi-lux pickup" stood up to.

buy the mazda. but for £150 more on the insurance, (on average) try to get the 1.8 or 2.0 V6 models... the 1.8 v6 is the cheapest but its still 130bhp, revvs to 7400rpm and has that lovely v6 sound track.
you wont regret the mazda..

mean micra

www.mightymicra.co.uk
Daz, reading this thread i get the feeling your undecided on what type of car to go for...

for instance the cars you've chose for comparison arent aimed at the same market nor do match the loose criteria you've set...

i agree with Alienfish's first post as i feel you need to research the specified cars on owners clubs asking them for potential problems (better to hear advice from someone who has actually driven one then 10 who havent)...

choosing your next car is hard but get your priorities down on paper then go from their...

EG: Myself...

1. 1.0l micra (cheap first car on insurance and petrol) 4years relatively hassle free

2.1.3l SuperS (still cheap on ins and petrol, just that little bit quicker...)

3. ???

drive my mates phaseII Almera GTi all the time and love it... really want a Civic coupe but not as quick as the GTi... so i'll see what suits my criteria this summer... most likely to have a GTi....

remember its your decision but gather facts not opinions...

OP
OP
D4R73N

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
Yeah wise words, but does this not prove im giving other options...

I'm looking at the 323 as for a cheaper insurance group, its much more sportier then the Civic.

fraz_micra_88

Ex. Club Member
remember and make sure thats what you totally want, i made a mistake buyin another micra, now ive thot hard about, style engine mods ect and thats why im going 106gti!!!

OP
OP
D4R73N

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
remember and make sure thats what you totally want, i made a mistake buyin another micra, now ive thot hard about, style engine mods ect and thats why im going 106gti!!!

Yeah man, I want somthing that doent requier years of searching, like that bumper taking me almost a year to find, and on ebay, thier are about 100 kits for a 106...lol...

I hear you all say because there everywhere, well, thats because they are popular and look exelent when done nicely.

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
remember mate its your choice!!!

my mate had a "mazda MX3"....i know thats not what you where looking at but it was an awesome car. he had the "1.8 V6" :grinning:

back on subject a friend of mine has a 323 with 17" tint and looks quiet nice!!

someone i dont know drives around a 323F with bodykit and neons and it being black looks nice!

my other mate has a 106 GTI and that is also lush! with all the extras you where after aswell! quick enough lol. lots of parts for!

another mate has a 106 VTS which he aslo loves and i must agree with him! alos lots of parts available

1. if anything i would have a VTS over a VTR due to power etc
2. whether or not a GTI to a VTS it wouldnt really both me!...as far as i know (but could be wrong) the engines are the same, just the 106 is lighter???
3. i would have a MX3 over a 323

thats just me though...and my opinions!!

im not sure i would ever own one but i dont know what to say at the moment. i would love to get a ""HONDA CRX after the micra but that may be advancing a little :wasntme: the other car i would happily have is a "starlet GT Turbo"......my mates got one......oh lush!!!! just import price was nasty

Napster