itb inlet plenum

Hey all, just been talking with a mate about his micra, and we wanna fit bike carbs/ throttlebodys on a tight (non existent :L) budget. the idea is to chop up a standard intake mani leaving the injectors in place and weld/ fix itbs from whatever to it with a throttle position sensor retrofitted to them. Then feed the itbs with a plenum with the standard MAF on the end and a pod filter or whatever beyond that. The question is, will the standard ecu run that, with a adjustable fpr and afr gauge to mess with the fuelling? anyone here done this level of itb conversion before?

frank

Club Member
you will just need the right size injectors basically, but you probably wont flow any better than a single t/b plenum

65707.jpg

OP
OP
Chops
with a bit of port matching and whatnot, ittle make more power over stock wont it? cant the stock injectors cope much further than stock?

frank

Club Member
that one of mine ^ ran megga lean, and it pulled like a 1.0 ! so it was breathing well, it was posted to OZ soon after so i did,nt get a chance to try it properly

OP
OP
Chops
haha derp, tired lol. thats a shame, ill just have to find out for myself. as long as it runs at all its fine to mess about with i suppose, cheers!