ISTS Donny Show 2008 PICS!!

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Hello!

Well...what can i say,a fantastic weekend had by all! Weather Saturday was dry and sunny but rained on and off.Snowed saturday night but was dry all morning Sunday,but started to rain abit in the afternoon.

Plenty of cars/club stands and plenty to do! But my favourite part of the weekend was....

Driving a Lamboughini Gallardo!! Got to choose from 1 of 5 cars:

Lamboughini Gallardo
Ferrari 360? Spyder
Aston Martin Vantage
Porsche 911 Turbo
Lotus Elise

So i chose the Lambo,shew my driving liscence and paid! It was the best 40 quid i had spent ever! Believe it was a 5.0L V8 :D

>> CLICK HERE TO WATCH VID << Many thanks to Gemma and Claire for taking vids and pics!

IMG_5485.jpg

IMG_5486.jpg

IMG_5487.jpg

IMG_5490.jpg

IMG_5491.jpg

IMG_5570.jpg

IMG_5571.jpg

IMG_5572.jpg

IMG_5573.jpg

IMG_5574.jpg

IMG_5575.jpg

IMG_5585.jpg

IMG_5594.jpg

IMG_5607.jpg

IMG_5606.jpg

IMG_5621.jpg

IMG_5647.jpg

IMG_5650.jpg

IMG_5651.jpg

IMG_5652.jpg

IMG_5835.jpg

IMG_5837.jpg

IMG_5842.jpg

IMG_5628.jpg

IMG_5666.jpg

IMG_5667.jpg

IMG_5673.jpg

IMG_5711.jpg

IMG_5751.jpg

IMG_5776.jpg

IMG_5786.jpg

IMG_5824.jpg

IMG_5833.jpg

IMG_5656.jpg

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
3 laps of the hair pin turn...which was..as you come from where the cars are parked in the video...up the straigh and a right hand bend.Then down another straight and through 3 sets of cones...down to the hair pin curve and back up the straight.

Getting out of that...and then driving home...was NOT a good feeling :(

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Good photos mate. Donny looks like a different layout compared to previous years. Was that just one section? last time, the cars were scattered all over the place!

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
We were on a large tarmac area this year.Last year we were on a large grass area with a road in the middle.Can remember having to go through a tunnel to get to the trade stands.But i guess they fancied a change this year.

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Good to see micra's at donny, sad we had to pull our stand this year.

hopefully be back again next year with another MSC stand.

Kev

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
It's nice to see that the Donny girls have improved this year too, they were dog rough last year.

Oh and er nice photos, the Micras are looking good!!

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
the 2 girls in the pink tops were our models :p Yeah the others werent too bad,as you said...they've improved abit since last years show LOL

Antony

Ex. Club Member
the reason for the different layout is co of the lack of entrants to the show. all in all about 30% of the cars at last years show had pulled out, to name a few from round here, Gloyn boys, Modded cruisers, French rivals, Black cat customs and even tye mighty msc. and thats just the tip of the ice burg.

it was better when it was "Ripspeed donny"

Dude I seriously need to find some of those eyebrow covers that Claire has. I've got that look on mine but it's only done with tape so I kinda need to sort that out :p If you happen to speak to her could I get you to ask her for me?

Cheers dude ;)

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Very true,and its sad to see the shows starting to go down hill.But might aswell make the most of it while they're still there and going!

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
aww gutted i couldnt go now couldnt get the friday off to travel down recognise a few cars there hoodreaper car is lookin lush lad will hopefully be at the next one or if i can JAE fingers crossed just waiting to see if i can get the time off work

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Dunno if its just me getting old, but some of the pics I've seen of the cars look awful. Apart from the super cars, and scoobys, etc which you see everywhere there are too many cars with stuck on body kits, but without the rest of the car following the same look, or even standardish cars. Think the show was much better when it was at Donny racecourse. Didn't go this year so can't really comment, but from what I've heard its gone downhill since those days. How come the MSC didn't show?

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Thought thats what it must have been. Tis a shame. Seems like everyone has either moved on, or plan projects but never make them happen.