Ists 2010

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
What an amazing weekend! The weather Saturday was fricken boiling hot. Hot weather,hot

cars and hot women! The modifying scene has certainly stepped up its game over the

winter months,and there were some cracking motors out on display! The drift boys gave

an excellent performance,with some unexpectable cars giving it some out on the track.

Sunday's weather was poor,very cloudy and not much sun at all. But that didnt bring

down the atmosphere as there were still plenty of cars out on display.

Walking down past the Auto Glym Show & Shine,and being greeted by 250+ Skylines was a

sight worth seeing! Im sure there was alot of tissues used at this end of

Silverstone,again there were some crackin motors! I'll post the photos of the Skylines

last as theres quite a few :p

All-in-all,a fantastic show! Doesnt compete too well with TRAX,as TRAX usally delivers

ALOT more (and its only a single day show) While ISTS,you got abit bored after a couple

of hours.Anyway onto the photos! (baring in mind i took 478 photos over the weekend,so

expect ALOT :p)

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

IMG_3173.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg

IMG_3176.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

Oh wow, some really spectacular looking cars there. I especially like the one showing the dashboard which is one long piece of what I assume, acrylic. Liking the iPod dock on that one too. :)

andy

Ex. Club Member
looks like you had a good day there mate ............................. great pics too..............................

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Good pics mate, mine will be up tomorrow. Was a great show! Didn't see your K11 thought. Which club were you there with?

Was a very good show on the skyline front, but none of us will be returning for next year, even the BDC guys were ####ed off with Silverstone.
But...............you did get a nice pic of mine :D
IMG_3503.jpg

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Was a very good show on the skyline front, but none of us will be returning for next year, even the BDC guys were ####ed off with Silverstone.
But...............you did get a nice pic of mine :D
IMG_3503.jpg

I preferred donington as a venue, but why won't you be returning? & nice skyline!

Ha Ha, thanks mate,

You would not believe how bad it was for us the organisers, the people trying to attend!

Here are my comments from so.com

"Ok, anyone else having the same thoughts I am?

ISTS 2009, most of us who attended complained of poor trade stand section, poor entertainment and having to pay extra for seating in the stands. Also the most expensive bacon roll's known to man.

ISTS 2010, I thought the pikeys ( I mean travelling folk) had turned up with a small circus. The trade area was farcical, I mean #### poor, 2009 at least it filled the straight, this time round it was huddled around a few tents. Speaking to traders they were as dissapointed as I was.

As commented in previous posts today, burger vans out numbered traders it seemed. Still at shocking prices.

Then to top it off the ridiculous drive in and out of the event, nicely arranged for the "Modified" car market it was aiming for. Would like to hear just how many people had to get tires on the day due to "Bolts" piercing them.

So basically on the day, we had BDC and some track sessions. Oh and SO.com travelcade.

£15/£20 per ticket.

Track sessions cost extra, so the above price covers watching the BDC.

Lets look more into our event, I don't need to go into too much detail on this one, we all know just how bad this was.

First 20 or so people who sign in dont get checked for their driving license. Myself and Hwoarang go to the desk to sign on, to be told that only 2 people in the car at any one time. Not what SO.COM was told so many people with full cars now have to inform them their on their asses for the rest of the show. So.com has to interject and agreement is forthcoming that passengers are allowed in as long as there wearing seatbelts.

Then you needed driving license, then you needed both parts of license. This was not stated "ANYWHERE", on the forms its simply states that upon signing we declare that we have a valid driving license. So after not knowing your arse from elbow, you come up with the new rule that if no license is produced, your allowed to drive in the event but not allowed passengers.

Oh then lets line everyone up to sign paperwork "YOU SENT OUT TO US TO SIGN", but noooo you now need us to fill out the form all over again, so our reps collecting in all these forms in the morning was a waste of time! p.s love the little touch of scibbling out last years MR2 club and jotting in SO.com on the forms, top class.

"Now run along and be at the briefing 12oclock"
Where is it we ask
"In the marquee"
What friggin marquee, the place is ####ing full of them, only after an hour of asking mindless staff does someone mumble there is a white marquee down by the skylines. Genius.

Now my logic gets confused, You get everyone into the building to sign the form, queue up, you check the driving license and then scrawl on the bottom of it. Then tell us we need to go to the briefing with said form, queue up and oh lets see, show our driving license to your people again to get wrist straps.

Way to save time and **** us around!

Piece de la resistance:- Belinda "DriftHer" Garage-D, manages to find time to pull herself away from the BDC event to join the back of the event. She's not allowed on the track because she does not have the day-glo orange wrist band. This is a lady who just tore the #### out of your track for most of the morning!! Goddamn!!

Badly organised, Badly planned and I for one will not be attending next year.

Compared to the likes of Japfest, Castle Coombe action day and JAE this lot have a bloody lot to learn."