Issues with my Micra s k11(2000)

Hi guys,

I am the proud owner of a Nissan Micra k11 sport and was wondering if you could help with en engine light that's come on.

The mechanic said it's something to do with the mad sensor or throttle body but I'm hesitant to trust him entirely as there were a few things he was wrong about (after researching) such as the mad sensor not being removable on my model, however it is removable as I have replace it with no effect on the engine light.

Are there other things I could do to try and figure out what the issue could be as I'm not a wealthy man and a new throttle body is pricey and not necessarily the issue.

Any advice would be very appreciated :)

I'm sure you'll need more info but I'm a bit of a novice so not sure what you need so just give me a shout and I'll share all :)

Do you have a coilpack? If so then the maf is replaceable. But aftermarket ones are ****. Use a genuine bosch one. And remove the battery when replacing to clear the code.
Also what code did you get? The coilpack ones use ODB2 and are easily checked.

Hi Maarten,

Sorry for the last reply, I was trying to source a diagnostic kit. My Micra has a removable maf sensor as I have replace once already but with a #### after market one. Do you know where I can source a genuine Bosch one?

The error codes I received were P0100 and P0171.

Thanks for your help it really is appreciated.

Kind regards
Josh

Codes indeed points to a maf. Id try to source a known working one from a scrapyard as the genuine bosch units arent supplied individually. Only with the TB. Some people have reported good results with a primera or almera maf but ive never tried it so dont know for sure if those work or not. The after market ones for the k11 are **** as you already noticed.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I will try to source a genuine one from a scrapyard.

As my MOT is coming up in weeks and I doubt I'll be able to source one by then do you reckon it would be alright to get a cheap one for the MOT or should I go with one of the brands you suggestd?

Back