Is there a UKDM scene in Japan?

Magpie42

Actual Magpie.
Do you think there are people in Japan that import UK-Spec Japanese cars into Japan?

Is there an underground UKDM scene?

Do they stick little union jacks on their windows?

Or L-plates?

Hmmm....

I was reading something about two lads who were driving their K10 to Mongolia for charity....and I thought, why don't they just go a bit further and take it back to Japan...take it home?....

Hmmm....

Who's with me?

James

Chairman
Do you think there are people in Japan that import UK-Spec Japanese cars into Japan?

Is there an underground UKDM scene?

Do they stick little union jacks on their windows?

Or L-plates?

Hmmm....

I was reading something about two lads who were driving their K10 to Mongolia for charity....and I thought, why don't they just go a bit further and take it back to Japan...take it home?....

Hmmm....

Who's with me?
On Yahoo Auctions Japan i see quite a few K12 "Micra" badges.
http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w81931171
http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n122127829

Also, the Primera GT was imported from the UK instead of using their domestic Primera - it was called a "Primera U.K.", like what I put on my old GT:

14.primera-uk-2.jpg

I can imagine a UK registered Micra would create a bit of a stir in Japan!

James

Chairman
Now I think about it, I've seen K11 Marches with UK plates on as affectations, I can't give you an example, but I know I've seen it before!

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
Not really. The japs are not as nutty about usdm, euro or ukdm than us lot and jdm. They do struggle to understand why we spend so much on jap parts. For them its mainly a fact of it does the ob so why replace it.

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Not really. The japs are not as nutty about usdm, euro or ukdm than us lot and jdm. They do struggle to understand why we spend so much on jap parts. For them its mainly a fact of it does the ob so why replace it.
Actually Scott, I think you'll find there's an absolutely massive USDM influence in Japan.
I mean freakin' huge.

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
There's a massive USDM scene, with whole front end swaps and the like to bring JDM cars up to USDM spec.

Have a mooch through these galleries:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ka_ry/sets/72157643150140844/

13505536074_7759fe4a1f_k.jpg

Saabaru here is a prime example.

UK influence is mainly classic, but can also be seen at manufacturer level, why do you think that the MX5 exists, or the Fig and Pao? Not to mention the array of plastic front and rear ends for home market cars to "replicate" classic british tin.

There's a massive HotRod and lowrider scene too, with cars imported from the 'states and home built cars every bit as good as US builds.

As you'll see in a lot of those galleries, there's a lot of crossover with shows, with classic JDM styles alongside Euro, lowrider and USDM. Everything that the best show of the year in the UK tries to do - RR Gathering ;)

There's a massive USDM scene, with whole front end swaps and the like to bring JDM cars up to USDM spec.

Have a mooch through these galleries:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ka_ry/sets/72157643150140844/

13505536074_7759fe4a1f_k.jpg

Saabaru here is a prime example.

UK influence is mainly classic, but can also be seen at manufacturer level, why do you think that the MX5 exists, or the Fig and Pao? Not to mention the array of plastic front and rear ends for home market cars to "replicate" classic british tin.

There's a massive HotRod and lowrider scene too, with cars imported from the 'states and home built cars every bit as good as US builds.

As you'll see in a lot of those galleries, there's a lot of crossover with shows, with classic JDM styles alongside Euro, lowrider and USDM. Everything that the best show of the year in the UK tries to do - RR Gathering ;)

Facebook page called JAPAN mini photography is awesome too, huge mini scene over there