Is the K&N Induction kit good?

I'm considering getting a K&N induction kit but im wanting to know if you can really tell the difference?

I guess there is no point getting it if it only makes your car sound a bit deeper. If it does increase your bhp, then how much bhp does it add.

Any info would be great.

Wayne

Personally, I would just get a 25pounds, Ripspeed type cone filter,

Some people swear by KnN, Pipercross,Green, Cotton, Steel etc etc...

Your not running performance cams, Emanage and a turbo so it aint really that significant..

The Bhp difference is Negligable,

Just makes your car sound really nice..

Cheers Kristian, i dont think i'll bother getting one then. Looking forward to getting the bumper tomorrow. I've sent mi dad cos it doesn't cost him anything in fuel lol

kristian said:
Personally, I would just get a 25pounds, Ripspeed type cone filter,

Some people swear by KnN, Pipercross,Green, Cotton, Steel etc etc...

Your not running performance cams, Emanage and a turbo so it aint really that significant..

The Bhp difference is Negligable,

Just makes your car sound really nice..

Hi.. i have been planning to get a K&N induction for ages and coincidently am going to order one in the next few days... but kristian.. what do you mean by 'negligable'.. is there definatly no bhp increase?? and the sound incentive is definatly something i like..so i think its worth it.cheers

for power you need a K&N replacement panel filter. 40 odd pound and best bang for your buck. 57i induction kits are only good for noise.

tommo said:
for power you need a K&N replacement panel filter. 40 odd pound and best bang for your buck. 57i induction kits are only good for noise.

Im more confused now mate!..so its best not to go for the 57i, just get a element filter that will replace the standard one...im after power and noise!

Right ill clear this up... we have run loads of different filters on tommos micra.. The K%N 57i is good for noise and power and will be the same if not slightly better than the other cone filters.

But we have found that a sealed box is still the best you can use tommo tuns the standard 1.3 Airbox with a replacment K&N eliment in it.. with a cold air feed. the best in my opinion would be a 1.6 airbox as its bigger with a replacment panal filter and a nice cold air feed into it from the front bumper.

Wayne said:
me too lol,

what do you suggest?

57i and the element filter?

slaps forehead lol

57i is a cone filter that bolts directly to the throttle body. replacement panel filter goes in the standard airbox, and personally my favourite is the replacement element as it gives noise (if you drill the airbox out - muwahahaahaha) and more power than a cone filter

tommo

How much is the K&N induction kit out of curiosity?

I presume you need to delcare it with your insurance too? :(

firstly you should declare all mod's with your insurance company.

i would agree that the panel filter is the best option and with it being cheaper too then its a winner all round really.

you will be looking at £30/35 for the panel filter and £70 ish for the induction kit

although, not wanting or endorsing unauthorised insurance, but if were in a little bump... swapping over a filter wouldn't be too hard :), plus im pretty sure most people dont. But obviously best to state it on the insurance, the rise will be minimul, if at all.

iv ordered a 57i for 51 quid including delievry.. off ebay..dz design i think its called

Back