is it worth lowering

johnhum

Buy & Sell Member
hi all, i have a micra k11 and i was simply wondering if it is worth lowering it. Ive been looking around and it looks like it will be around £100 to lower by 35mm. Is it worth paying £100 just for 35mm or should i just spend more on 50mm springs? or should i just save my money and leave it standard?
thanks, John

well imo 50 is the best value for money, it really depends though on if you tell your insurance or not. from past few experiences its always better to tell your insurance if someone can notice a difference. i had a crash, now my car and photo's of my car are being examined to see if its standard or not. :/

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
yes yes yes!

one of the best things i did is lower my car, it feels great like its on rails, and now that it can go faster round corners it feels like it is faster. very worth it

OP
OP
J

johnhum

Buy & Sell Member
Thanks for the replies. i was thinking about going 50 but wouldnt i need a different panhard rod or something? im not sure

i am on my step-dads insurance as a named driver and he sorted it all out. no mods are declared on the car and i have alloys on. i asked him about it and he told me not to bother. would i get in bother for this or would he as i am just a named driver on his policy?

frank

Club Member
bearing in mind your age john, personally i would fit some (black painted) 35mm springs and factory (stock) alloys :grinning:

OP
OP
J

johnhum

Buy & Sell Member
bearing in mind your age john, personally i would fit some (black painted) 35mm springs and factory (stock) alloys :grinning:

the black 35mm springs sound like a good idea but i already have aftermarket alloys on. does anyone know of the cheapest company to get 35mm springs from?

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Id say yes, the main reason is because it gets rid of the initial roll you get when you go into a corner / roundabout and makes the car feel a little more lively. 35mm or 50mm depends on what you want. :)

Robb

Site Supporter
50mm ones from Matt ftw they give just as good a ride as 35mm ones imo, and you dont need to uprate the shocks its just an option plenty of travel in them.

OP
OP
J

johnhum

Buy & Sell Member
thanks for all of the replies everyone,

does anyone know how much the 50mm springs are from Matt?

and do you need to change the panhard rod when lowering 50mm?

Robb

Site Supporter
Yes to the panhard its needed, he changes the prices with the batches, sometimes they are too good to resist other times they are plenty reasonable etc.